The life of a summoner 04/21/2012 09:04 AM CDT
>skill
Sorcerer(at level 77), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
bla
bla
bla
Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 220 120

>look
[Summoning Chamber]
Incarnadine sigils wrap around the circular chamber in a tight embrace, their luminescent surfaces casting a bloody light throughout the surroundings as they hum and pulse with power. A triple-band of the angular sigils forms a tight circle in the middle of the floor, the designs there casting a steady pale violet glow as the rest of the room is intermittently cast in darkness by the wavering symbols around you. You also see a latticed yellow crystal.
Obvious exits: out
>725 my stone
[voodoo]>prepare 725
[voodoo]>cast my stone
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Minor Summoning...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a smooth stone.
You trace an arcane sigil over your runestone, in an attempt to summon a demon from Lorae'tyr but something goes wrong resulting in the explosion of forces beyond your control over your runestone.
... 25 points of damage!
Your arm snaps trying to prevent fall.
You are knocked to the ground!
You are stunned for 3 rounds!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
SP>read stone
You quickly recognize the rune scrawled upon the stone as the "lorae'tyr-abyran'sa" rune.

Some days i realy wonder why i even bother trying.
Re: The life of a summoner 04/21/2012 10:07 AM CDT

frustrating, yes, but chance of no failure for abyran'sa, the hardest demon to summon off an uncommon runestone, is 150 ranks

http://carabele.com/odds/LoreBenefits.htm
Re: The life of a summoner 04/21/2012 10:40 AM CDT
Yeh i am slowly getting to that point, just seems so many ranks. Also the summoning chamber should be giving me a phantom 25 ranks i thougt so that puts me at 145, granted it's a low sample only 4-6 casts recently but im at 50/50 success rate.
Re: The life of a summoner 04/21/2012 12:25 PM CDT
Everything's harder for sorcerers.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: The life of a summoner 04/29/2012 02:31 AM CDT
Up to 3-4 failed casts in a row now using a lorae'tyr-abyran'sa runestone. In a summoning chanber with my enchanive i am at 145 ranks, was this 150 threshold i read on krakii ever confirmed or was it just an approximation? I want to get back to having my demon with me but this is getting frustrating. I know i have made it hard on myself but this does just seem rather excessive. Wasn't planning on getting more demonolgy till cap but i can see i may have to....
Re: The life of a summoner 04/29/2012 02:57 AM CDT
What you expect to be able to use your spells at a decently high level while overtrained in the relevant skill?

come on now, you should know better.

Player of Malisai
Re: The life of a summoner 05/10/2012 03:59 PM CDT
>was this 150 threshold i read on krakii ever confirmed or was it just an approximation?

all but confirmed, i.e. only not confirmed by those in red. back when it was released I was fully doubled in demonology and did a lot of tests because I was going from level 100 to 150 ranks.

~Moredin