binding rune 10/03/2011 10:04 AM CDT
>read sto
You quickly recognize the rune scrawled upon the stone as the "binding" rune.

This was found in a box.

Casting 725 on it does nothing but backfire causing a wound saying you're trying to open an interplanar rift without the right component.

Rubbing it causes this:

As you run your fingertips along the surface of the turquoise stone a tingling sensation slowly creeps into the palm of your hand. You feel persistant tugs at your magical energy as unbidden images flood your mind's eye, washing the world away in a cacophany of undiscernable sounds and symbols. You reel suddenly, feeling the hard ground beneath you, your breath gone from your lungs.

Draining you of mana and a pretty long stun.

Theorize that the stone allows you to gain control of a demon. Looks like a vakra, which you use just by rubbing in the room. Does nothing if waved at a summoned demon, or raised, or pointed.

If rubbed when sorcerer's demon is in the room - mana drain with the aforementioned messaging. if rubbed when some other sorcerer's demon is in the room, same.

If rubbed when a wild unbound demon is in the room? .... I haven't been able to test it yet.

Bard song is nothing, 405 is nothing.
Re: binding rune 10/03/2011 10:35 AM CDT
I think it's used in the Familiar spell. But I didn't know they were found in boxes. You might ask about it in the Wizard forum.
Re: binding rune 10/05/2011 04:42 PM CDT
yeah that's a familiar thing.

too bad our more component-laden spell doesn't get the component-laden benefits though...

not a bad idea. make higher demonology lore a requirement for binding a certain demon....like 150 ranks. when I say certain demon I mean one specific demon that will surely curse whatever god it prays to for its shoddy luck.

~Moredin