possible 416 bug 01/24/2018 07:50 PM CST
So, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.... but earlier today I had this happen. I didn't bug it in game yet, but I can if I need to:

>pre 408
A swirling cloud of shadow forms around your right hand as you prepare Disarm...
Your spell is ready.
>cast my str
You gesture at an acid-pitted silver strongbox.
Now to isolate the offending mechanism and disable it...As you cast your spell, you hear a buzzing noise coming from within an acid-pitted silver strongbox. Something darts out of the strongbox and settles at the lock opening! A tiny translucent insect with a large eye etched on its shell flutters there momentarily, then scuttles about and faces away from you!

An etched translucent scarab focuses the eye etched into its back towards you!
The replenishing effect fades, but you are left with a feeling of well-being.
An etched translucent scarab stares into your eyes.
CS: +335 - TD: +353 + CvA: +14 + d100: +22 - -5 == +23
Warded off!
You resist the fear.

You exhale a virulent green mist toward an etched translucent scarab, instantly infecting it. The translucent scarab convulses violently!
... 35 points of damage!
Strike bores into right arm, causing now-weakened bones to crack.
The translucent scarab is stunned!
Chittering noisily, the translucent scarab disappears once more into the strongbox.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

If this isn't a bug, would it have disarmed the trap if the Pestilence flare had killed the scarab? It didn't continue harming it after it skittered back into the lock, but would have been awesome if it had though.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: possible 416 bug 01/25/2018 08:59 AM CST
That's not a bug, that's a-- well, yeah, actually, I guess the scarab IS a bug.... <wander>