Enscorcel on an item with flares 10/23/2017 07:23 PM CDT
If an item already has flares (in this case a vultite runestaff which has the occasional holy water flare), does Ensorceling (even temporarily) screw with the existing flare? Haven't noticed it flaring since I did a temp-enscorcel on it and am wondering if I've gone and mucked things up. For that matter, will a perma-cast of Enscorcel cause issues?

Sothog's player
Re: Enscorcel on an item with flares 10/23/2017 07:25 PM CDT

>If an item already has flares (in this case a vultite runestaff which has the occasional holy water flare), does Ensorceling (even temporarily) screw with the existing flare? Haven't noticed it flaring since I did a temp-enscorcel on it and am wondering if I've gone and mucked things up. For that matter, will a perma-cast of Enscorcel cause issues?

sounds like the runestaff is/was blessed. Did the bless run out? Holy water flares will only flare against undead. Are you hunting undead?

real flaring weapons/staves will still flare.
Re: Enscorcel on an item with flares 10/23/2017 08:25 PM CDT
I'm not aware of the bless wearing off (it came that way). I may have to have this sung at to be certain of all its properties (had bought this before a long hiatus from the game, so it's taking me a bit to get reoriented).

Sothog's player
Re: Enscorcel on an item with flares 10/24/2017 07:01 PM CDT
Ensorcell shouldn't mess with other flares already on a staff. My sorcerer has a void flaring one and both types of flare go off regularly.

I'm not sure how exactly 735 interacts with blessing or e-blade, but it sounds like one of the two was on there and either ran out or was stripped when ensorcell was applied. That or you found a bug.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.