740 gold ring function 03/12/2017 03:37 PM CDT
So.......today there was talk that when you use something like 740's gold ring function, you sit before you use it so you arrive at your destination comfortable. that makes perfect sense.

When using this function the first person view is:

With the rune pattern of your destination burned into your memory, a deep understanding of demonic gates, and a bit of hubris, you forgo a summoning circle and daringly tear a planar rift into the air before you. The black gash in space quickly erupts in sky blue sorcerous energy that consumes you. There is a blinding flash before the world vanishes.

and the third person view is:

A small shadowy rift begins to take form before your eyes. The rift quickly erupts in sky blue sorcerous energy that consumes Malisai. There is a blinding flash, and Malisai vanishes.

This shows that once the spell is cast, the sorcerer does not do anything else, the rift grabs them and teleports them to a different area. However, when arriving you get the following third person message:

Suddenly, sky blue lightning lashes in all directions from a point in midair. A rift opens at that point, and Malisai steps out of the rift. Twisting magical energy halos Malisai for a moment before fading away as the rift vanishes.

this seems to contradict the going to teleport messaging, that the rift is grabbing and dropping off someone.

The issue should be obvious. I cant sit on my butt, cast 740, and walk in and still be on my butt. I would like to see if the third person arrival message to be something like:

Suddenly, sky blue lightning lashes in all directions from a point in midair. A rift opens at that point, and Malisai appears, surrounded by sky blue sorcerous energy. Twisting magical energy halos Malisai for a moment before fading away as the rift vanishes.

This way, I can sit, teleport, and it makes sense no matter what position i arrive in.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: 740 gold ring function 03/12/2017 03:52 PM CDT
Does Kirael know you're sitting on your butt when you're supposed to be out finding her green things?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: 740 gold ring function 03/13/2017 05:55 PM CDT
Who do you think told him the third person messaging was odd?
Re: 740 gold ring function 03/14/2017 01:24 AM CDT
Touche....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.