Phase (704) Update 12/27/2016 10:04 PM CST
Phase has been given a sorcerer only self-cast buff, lasting the standard buff duration, that increases the sorcerer's defenses against both the old and new SMR. Ranks in Sorcerous Lore, Demonology will increase the benefit for both of those systems as well.

More information about SMRv2 is available at: http://forums.play.net/forums/19/212/2257/view/1144

Enjoy!

~ Konacon
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/27/2016 11:12 PM CST
<Ranks in Sorcerous Lore, Demonology will increase the benefit for both of those systems as well.>

This is awfully vague. How much do we need before we can expect to see a difference? Does every rank count or is it based on some sort of thresh-hold.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/28/2016 12:40 AM CST
I am excited to see another benefit attached to Sorcerous Lore, Demonology. While we do not yet know the specifics, this corrects some of the imbalance between demonology and necromancy lore. Or, to put it another way, this makes the choice between those two lores more interesting. Because I am invested in this idea, I hope the demonology benefit to Phase (704) is significant and that more demonic developments await us in the future.

I started a thread on the topic of balancing the two lores with respect to the HSN sorcerer review about a year ago:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Sorcerers/Developer's%20Corner%20-%20Sorcerers/thread/1764573
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/28/2016 10:57 AM CST
> This is awfully vague. How much do we need before we can expect to see a difference? Does every rank count or is it based on some sort of thresh-hold.

It is a linear progression, not seeded or based on specific thresholds.

~ Konacon
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/28/2016 10:58 AM CST
Seems like it has the same duration as 712 (i had 3 hours in one cast).

Another thing is that 712 now provides defense against the SMR.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/30/2016 10:52 AM CST
Great update! I was almost a bit in shock because of how long ago this was promised. It's really cool to see newer GMs following through with promises of years past.

Also, since my character is a phase and demonology junkie, this is a nice addition for me, personally.
Re: Phase (704) Update 12/31/2016 04:10 AM CST
<<Great update! I was almost a bit in shock because of how long ago this was promised. It's really cool to see newer GMs following through with promises of years past.>>

It turns out Real Soon Now is December 2016.

Except Biff is the.. well, nevermind.

- Xorus' player

>Level: 46
>Strongest foe vanquished: an infernal lich
Re: Phase (704) Update 01/18/2017 04:47 AM CST
Is this intentional? I am not used to seeing armor hindrance on defense spells.

>incant 704
You begin drawing a faint, twisting symbol while softly intoning the words for Phase...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
[Spell Hindrance for some vruul skin casting leathers is 2% with current Armor Use skill, d100= 2]
Your armor prevents the spell from working correctly.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Re: Phase (704) Update 01/18/2017 08:56 AM CST
INIQUITY
Is this intentional? I am not used to seeing armor hindrance on defense spells.

Every spell is subject to spell hindrance unless in a sanctuary.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Phase (704) Update 01/18/2017 08:27 PM CST
Got it. Sorry, I've recently been spelling up in a non-sanctuary.