Heart of the Art 08/23/2018 10:42 PM CDT
I'm sure this is a game secret and so it cannot be answered here, but would anyone be willing to email my play.net with the secret to getting out of the "Heart of the Art" rooms that exist in at least some of the guilds? I have gotten stuck in the Solhaven one twice, first when I was exploring a long time ago and tonight by accident. Luckily a GM was around to save me tonight, but I'd really like to know how to get out just in case I am stupid enough to blunder into it again in the future.

Thanks.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Heart of the Art 08/23/2018 10:51 PM CDT
It's been a long time, but as I recall 704 is your friend.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Heart of the Art 08/23/2018 11:16 PM CDT
>It's been a long time, but as I recall 704 is your friend.--Starchitin, the OG

Thanks. I did try that on a couple of things, but maybe not on the right one.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Heart of the Art 08/24/2018 08:05 AM CDT
My recollection is that you just Go something.

Can you still purchase shadowglass rings in the Heart of the Art? And while I'm changing the subject, do shadowglass rings work cross realms these days? And shouldn't shadowglass rings be a Sorcerer alchemy recipe?
Re: Heart of the Art 08/24/2018 10:21 AM CDT

I think I recall a new verb put in the game not long ago as well to help when you get "stuck" somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was or where it was posted.
Re: Heart of the Art 08/24/2018 10:45 AM CDT
ROBERTSM8
I think I recall a new verb put in the game not long ago as well to help when you get "stuck" somewhere, but I can't remember for the life of me what it was or where it was posted.

The verb is STUCK.

>STUCK

Usage:
STUCK {OPTION}

Options:
PAGE - This command will notify all online staff that you are stuck and need assistance.
Please note, there may not be a GameMaster on at all times.
You may be in an area that has a puzzle, or mechanical exit in place that
a GameMaster cannot solve for you.
DECAY - This command should only be used if you feel you've tried all other options.
It will give you the penalties of a full death and move you to the nearest
temple, or respawn location.
HELP - Gives a general overview of how to proceed when you feel you are stuck.
General tips, links to the wiki, maps, and a suggestion to use local
channels like the amunet.

Please note, staff members will only move you if you are truly stuck with no way out.
Abuse of this command can lead to temporary or permanent blocking of its functions or further punishment.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Heart of the Art 08/24/2018 08:38 PM CDT
Yes, "stuck" is what I used to get out this time. I was looking for information so that I could avoid having to use it in the future if I ever blunder into this area again.

--David

Re: Heart of the Art 08/25/2018 12:41 AM CDT
<Yes, "stuck" is what I used to get out this time. I was looking for information so that I could avoid having to use it in the future if I ever blunder into this area again.>

Out of curiosity, did you try 740 or 130 to get out? 740 wasn't a thing yet last time I was there and I didn't have 130 yet....

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Heart of the Art 08/25/2018 01:47 PM CDT
>Out of curiosity, did you try 740 or 130 to get out? 740 wasn't a thing yet last time I was there and I didn't have 130 yet....

This was the lower-level of my two sorcerers and he does not have those spells yet. My main sorcerer could try them, but that would mean going back and getting myself stuck again, which would not be amusing if they did not work. :)

--David