Summoning the right demon 02/24/2016 09:19 PM CST
My sorcerer just reached the rank to start illusioning demons. I have not used minor summoning much before (once o twice as an experiment. Is there a way to get the minor demon I need to do reps on other than to keep casting at a runestone for the right valance until I get the right one?

Thanks,

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Summoning the right demon 02/24/2016 09:50 PM CST

You'll have the best success with a lorae'tyr-igaesha runestone. It won't be fun to use, though, if you do not have to demonology ranks to use it. It's an uncommon rune, or "demon" runestone (follow the D percentages in the chart on the Wiki)

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/725#Success_Rate_and_Lore_Benefits
Re: Summoning the right demon 02/24/2016 10:33 PM CST
I have 50 ranks of demonology. But if it is an uncommon rune that I don't know, can I draw it? (I suppose I could just try and find out that way, but my character is not in game right now). And if I can't draw it, am I stuck just gambling on the valance stone?

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Summoning the right demon 02/25/2016 09:19 AM CST
<< My sorcerer just reached the rank to start illusioning demons. I have not used minor summoning much before (once o twice as an experiment. Is there a way to get the minor demon I need to do reps on other than to keep casting at a runestone for the right valance until I get the right one? >>

Yes! Any Sorcerer can attempt to summon a particular demon without having a runestone and without knowledge of how to draw the runestone; however, in some cases, the chances of success appear to be 0%. In another post, you said that you have 50 demonology ranks. Inside a summoning chamber without a runestone, you will have a 50% chance of summoning an igaesha. If you have a runestone, you'll have a 100% chance. To make the attempt, prep 725, then type "summon lorae'tyr-igaesha" and hope for the best. Failure means you have to wait 5 or 10 minutes to make another attempt.

When you get an igaesha, use a vakra runestone to keep it. Vakra is a common rune, so you will be able to draw it. The wiki says vakra runestones have 30 charges. For some reason, I thought it was 20. If you use the vakra runestone in a summoning chamber, you get extra time added to the duration.

Hopefully, some nice person who reads this will make you some igaesha runestones.
Re: Summoning the right demon 02/25/2016 10:21 AM CST
Let me know if you need runestones. I can make pretty much everything from Lorae'Tyr (igaesha, verlok, abyran'sa, grantris) as well as shien.

I could leave some on the table in a guild for instance. I'll be back to RR tonight most likely, but I came out to the Landing area for guild night (didn't work with a single person in about 4 hours of being there...sigh...)

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Summoning the right demon 02/25/2016 01:29 PM CST
Thanks very much for the explanation and the offers of help. I do have someone who is bringing me an igaesha runestone tonight or tomorrow, but I will obviously need further help eventually, so I will keep the offer in mind.

Thanks again, everyone, for being so helpful.

--David