Illusions and Illistim 02/07/2015 09:14 AM CST
I was toying with the places my Dark Elven sorcerer is not allowed to enter, the Towers and Inns in Ta'Illistim, and found that they had no problem allowing a floating eye to roam the premises. Fantastic security. Elves, citizens, and eyes only. Would the Inns be accommodating to a demon cloaked in a guild illusion?

Say a shien or abyran in their mistaken forms. I would think the Towers should block them, but the Inns would say "just another old gnoll holding an eye with bat wings."

- Xorus' player

>[Ta'Illistim Keep, The Argentate]

>You settle yourself on the silver throne for a moment's rest.
Re: Illusions and Illistim 02/09/2015 10:37 PM CST
Did you ever play with gold rings? Get someone to set a gold ring...see what you can do!

I had some planar runes set to buildings in the Landing that were closed during CiS. You'd be surprised what teleportation restrictions don't exist sometimes...

>Kayse scrambles to avoid being sucked into the void!
Re: Illusions and Illistim 02/09/2015 10:45 PM CST
Pretty sure familiars have the same advantage. Plus, they can make a portal.

Found that out the hard way. :(

Chad, player of a few
Re: Illusions and Illistim 02/10/2015 11:24 PM CST
<<You'd be surprised what teleportation restrictions don't exist sometimes...>>

I would believe it. The glyph traps used to allow you access to the old Abandoned Inn, someone must have eventually reported it.

Actually, I got quaked in there at the time, so maybe someone upstairs was watching.

- Xorus' player

[Ta'Illistim Keep, The Argentate]

You settle yourself on the silver throne for a moment's rest.

The guardsman returns your gaze with a sneer. You distinctly hear him mumble something about "scum" before he returns his attention to what he was doing
Re: Illusions and Illistim 02/13/2015 06:07 PM CST
>Fantastic security. Elves, citizens, and eyes only. Would the Inns be accommodating to a demon cloaked in a guild illusion?

I've never quite gotten the trick down of identifying race from the eye alone once it was pulled from the head. If someone teaches the guards in Illi I would like to attend that class.

--Jurp
Re: Illusions and Illistim 02/13/2015 07:26 PM CST
The guards would not be able to stop the eye regardless. My point was that if I was doing security for those towers there would be wardings.

There were specific rooms in the Inns the eye could not enter.

- Xorus' player

>[Ta'Illistim Keep, The Argentate]

>You settle yourself on the silver throne for a moment's rest.