Enough is enough 03/23/2014 01:46 PM CDT
Get rid of the requirement that to complete a learning task, one must be taught the most difficult category of illusion one knows. Get rid of it. I've had enough. I log on 3 times a day, seven days a week. I look for someone to do reps with. If I'm lucky, I corner someone once or twice a week for 3 or 4 reps. This has been going on far too long.

The truth is, illusions just don't provide enough of a tangible benefit to motivate the entire sorcerer population to pursue them. This means that those of us working on the higher tier illusions are more or less screwed. I've complained about this numerous times, but no one seems to give a hoot. I've been working on illusions intermittently for 3 years since I started playing again, and in that time have advanced from about 20 ranks to 44.

Enough is enough. Change it, please. You have a game mechanic in place that had a ton of work put into it that I am struggling to utilize. But you guys just won't wake up, smell the coffee, and admit that it's a different game than the one in which illusions was released. For the love of god, change it. Please.

Player of Kilshaar

P.S. change illusions, let us use this guild skill.

P.P.S. For the love of God, change it already.
Re: Enough is enough 03/23/2014 01:47 PM CDT
I will annoy you to death. CHANGE IT!!!

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Enough is enough 03/23/2014 01:49 PM CDT
We stand with Kilshaar!

AIM: GS4Menos

>Here lies the formless world we´re living in
>Gravity is finally giving in
>High altitudes and still upward we go
>I was never meant to lead but to follow
Re: Enough is enough 03/23/2014 04:37 PM CDT
The biggest problem I have was the introduction of alchemy. Why? I didn't Master Illusions before alchemy was introduced and now I have to diversify and pick up some ranks in Alchemy before I can continue.

Alchemy in my opinion, drains the soul out of living. Thus, I have let my guild association fall by the wayside.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Enough is enough 03/23/2014 11:16 PM CDT
>Alchemy in my opinion, drains the soul out of living. Thus, I have let my guild association fall by the wayside.

I have a similar view of alchemy, but to be honest you can get the 15 ranks you need to master illusions in an afternoon, with no assistance. Illusions, in comparison, has a far poorer implementation in the current reality of the game.

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Enough is enough 04/03/2014 10:02 AM CDT
Well, I advanced a lot one day over winter break, and was hoping to get some kind of schedule but it kind of didn't materialize.

I can't help but notice that Warriors and Rogues have a calendar item at 9pm every Wednesday for guild work.

As to the time and day of the week, other people should make suggestions.

For the location, I'd like to propose rotation of some kind. We have the spell Planar Shift so we should make use of it. (I know not all sorcerers will know 740 yet, but still this is a better compromise than always choosing the same place.) What's unpopular to one person might be welcome to another.

A possible geographic cycle:
Ta'Vaalor, Ta'Illistim, Zul Logoth, Icemule, Wehnimer's, Teras, Solhaven, River's Rest.

Alphabetic (listed based on proper name):
Icemule Trace, Kharam Dzu, River's Rest, Solhaven, Ta'Illistim, Ta'Vaalor, Wehnimer's Landing, Zul Logoth

A geographic cycle makes more sense if people were going to walk or if sorcerers will really move from place to place, but I don't see it happening, and thus prefer the simplicity of alphabetic order.

I think if we just make some arbitrary decisions and get stuff on the calendar, maybe people will show up. Only enough people for audience reps are strictly required.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.

>Hunting grounds in the Rest are not designed to allow Resters to keep going up in levels or gain experience, they are designed to kill, kill a
Re: Enough is enough 04/03/2014 11:09 AM CDT
I logged in 3-5 times a day seeking training partners for another week and then, in complete and utter disgust, have given up. If someone schedules something, I'll try to show up, but as a waiter I typically work evenings and weekends making such things hard.

Once more, I call to you Sorcerer Dev people: Enough is enough. Remove the requirement that learning tasks proceed through the highest illusion type that one knows. Someone worked hard on this guild skill and it's going to waste thanks to your unwillingness to see that this game is not the same game it once was, and finding training partners is insanely hard now.

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Enough is enough 04/03/2014 11:59 AM CDT
<<Remove the requirement that learning tasks proceed through the highest illusion type that one knows.>>

I'd just as soon see partner/learning tasks either removed from all guild skills or changed so that anyone that's in the relevant guild can help. I understand why they exist and it even made sense when the warrior and rogue guilds first opened, but there just isn't the player base to support it these days.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Enough is enough 04/03/2014 06:18 PM CDT
What star said. partner reps are the reason why i stopped training guild skills.

Player of Malisai
Re: Enough is enough 04/04/2014 12:07 PM CDT
Murkshev logged in yesterday, and I was able to crank out 2 ranks. To the sorcerer Dev, you realize that if it wasn't for Murkshev I'd have spent the last 2 years struggling to get illusion ranks and would probably have finished about 10? I'd still be at about 20 ranks. After two years. Think about that. The only reason I'm at 48 (figure two more years since almost no one is working on demons) is because one player happens to be super generous with his time when he's on and roleplays a pro-active guildmaster. If it wasn't for that one person, for the most part those of us working on illusions the last year would be completely SOL instead of 90% SOL. What happens if Murkshev takes a break, as he has in the past? Are we just screwed?

Fix it, enough is enough. I'm never going to relent on this. This is my main character that I've played on and off for 21 years. His RP is a demonologist. I want to use this system to enable my character concept.

For the sake of everyone else I'll stop ranting more than once a month, but make no mistake - rant I shall.

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Enough is enough 04/07/2014 12:33 AM CDT
I have been bitching about this in the Paladin and Discussions with Simu folders. According to Estild, there are no plans to revise any of the guilds at this time (or ever, apparently).

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Enough is enough 04/07/2014 10:26 AM CDT
THROGG
I have been [complaining] about this in the Paladin and Discussions with Simu folders. According to Estild, there are no plans to revise any of the guilds at this time (or ever, apparently).

Actually, that's not what I said at all. Specifically, I said, "I wouldn't expect any major revisions to the guild system for any profession in the near future." "No plans to revise any of the guilds" is not the same as don't "expect any major revisions". And "at this time (or ever, apparently)" is not the same as "in the near future".

GameMaster Estild
Re: Enough is enough 04/07/2014 10:46 AM CDT

>GameMaster Estild

we only need 2 more skills so we can have a Grandmaster of the Sorcerer Guild title :) just sayin'
Re: Enough is enough 04/07/2014 06:42 PM CDT
>"in the near future".

Is the near future longer or shorter than RSN?

--Jurp

PS. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Re: Enough is enough 04/07/2014 08:34 PM CDT
>>Is the near future longer or shorter than RSN?<<

You beat me to it; that was going to be my exact comment. Oh well. And Estild? While that may not have been your exact wording, I suspect my interpretation is pretty accurate. For various reasons, I suspect the odds are seriously against my ever seeing any changes in the current Guild system.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."