How am I stuck on Level 1 of General Alchemy 03/08/2014 10:30 AM CST
Could someone help me please. I just started General Alchemy (crazy, I know) and I've been tasked to make recipes using the 'simmer' skill. I assume that's the recipe that he's taught already, the tincture of tkaro. However, this recipe doesn't seem to be giving me any reps. Should I be using a different recipe for this rank?
Re: How am I stuck on Level 1 of General Alchemy 03/08/2014 10:37 AM CST
That recipe is likely the correct one (it does work for rank 1). Make sure that you are NOT grinding the tkaro root and re-read the task (using GLD) and check if you are supposed to be using the guild cauldrons or just making something using SIMMER. If you like, post the task on the forums here.

-- Robert
Re: How am I stuck on Level 1 of General Alchemy 03/08/2014 10:39 AM CST
Just to make sure you have the process/recipe down correctly:

- Ignite the cauldron (yours on the ground or the guild cauldron depending on the task assigned)
- Add clear water (you can buy this from your guild)
- Add Tkaro Root
- SIMMER (Alchemy Simmer)
- SEAL (Alchemy Seal)

-- Robert
Re: How am I stuck on Level 1 of General Alchemy 03/08/2014 05:21 PM CST
If you are successfully creating the tincture and it's not giving you reps, you probably need to check the wording of the task and make certain whether or not you're supposed to use the special guild cauldron. That's tripped me up once or twice.

Re: How am I stuck on Level 1 of General Alchemy 03/08/2014 11:17 PM CST
Thank you for the help. I was using my own cauldron when the instructor wanted me to use the guild cauldrons. The recipe is giving me reps now. Thanks again!