Let's try this again... 12/13/2013 01:57 PM CST
So, I'm gonna start this topic again because the problem hasn't gone away, and heck who knows? Maybe a new GM will see this from my point of view.

Learning illusions is a pain. I'm sick of it. I've been working on it on and off since release, which I attended personally all excited and stuff.

I'm not excited anymore. I'm irritated to no end. Just recently I found a few people interested in ranking up annnnd...guess what? They're too far behind me, and I barely make progress because of learning tasks. Can we please get credit for learning tasks regardless of the illusion type being learned? I know it doesn't make sense, but at this point I don't care anymore. It doesn't make sense, big deal. I want to master illusions and use my stupid demons. I'm so fed up with the whole process that it's really made me lose interest in a character that I once played exclusively. I hope you guys will be reasonable. If not, I guess a lot of things rhyme with 'ranger'...

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Let's try this again... 12/13/2013 02:20 PM CST
you have a very slim chance at a GM seeing your side of the issue and making any changes. It is like this for all professions with partner reps.

There are a lot more people willing to do illusions than you seem to think. Here is a list of them: http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Illusions_masters.

Quite a few of the people on the list are around on a daily or almost daily basis. Also, Murkshev intends on capping on experience gained completely from partner reps. You won't find a more dedicated master. He lives in Icemule.
Re: Let's try this again... 12/13/2013 08:58 PM CST

>>Also, Murkshev intends on capping on experience gained completely from partner reps.

Whoa, serious? If that's the case, maybe I should finally break down and do my diversify ranks so I can get back to the part that interested me, Illusions.
Re: Let's try this again... 12/13/2013 09:43 PM CST
I'm going to go out on a limb that most sorcerers who've mastered, or are working on illusions are willing to help you with whatever task you have. There are a few that RP racial bais and things of that nature, but if you're in prime, and in a relatively populated town, it shouldn't be too hard to find help. If you post the town you haunt there's likely a few who would identify themselves. The Krakii page is out of date.

as for NIR changing the partner reps...that's a huge ask since it applies to multiple guilds.

admittedly, as the population continues to dwindle and become more self-sufficient (secluded) these reps do represent more of a challenge than they did when the skills were designed & released.

it might be a pain, but I suggest highlighting sorcerers in their own color using WHO PROFESSION SORCERER from time to time. I'd be surprised if more than 1 in 10 ever refused to help if they could.

--Jurp - Teras
Re: Let's try this again... 12/13/2013 10:19 PM CST

>The Krakii page is out of date.

I just updated it the other night. Do you have other active characters for me to add?
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 02:58 AM CST
<<<I just updated it the other night. Do you have other active characters for me to add?>>>

You can add my name. When I'm around, I'm almost always haunting House Sylvanfair in the Landing. If you can catch me, I'm usually willing to drop what I'm doing to help with illusions. I certainly couldn't have made it without the awesome sorcerors who generously sacrificed their time to help me. I'm not around that often, but I'm happy to return the favor when I'm able.

~ Heathyr
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 09:17 AM CST

>You can add my name.

done :) anyone else?
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 11:34 AM CST
I always hear you guys say these things, and I have zero doubt that what you say is true. Nevertheless, time after time after time, when I ask around on lnet or do a who profession for people like Polveiss who have offered to help, I almost never find anyone. This might be due to my typical play hours which are early in the day on week days.

As far as partner reps in other guilds go: are you restricted to doing partner reps with people near your rank level? Cause we are.

Player of Kilshaar
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 11:43 AM CST

>As far as partner reps in other guilds go: are you restricted to doing partner reps with people near your rank level? Cause we are.

all guilds work the same in this manner
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 05:17 PM CST
>>As far as partner reps in other guilds go: are you restricted to doing partner reps with people near your rank level? Cause we are.

all guilds work the same in this manner<<

This is why I gave up on any guild membership. The only character I jave that is still a guild member is one of my warriors, and I just keep her membership current so she can bash any boxes my rogues can't pick. Which brings me to another sore point. If their guild membership lapses, why does a character suddenly forget how to perform a skill she already knows??

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Let's try this again... 12/14/2013 08:16 PM CST
>This might be due to my typical play hours which are early in the day on week days.

yeah, off peak is painful, especially depending on what your definition of early is and where you live. And while, I don't know that it'll get much traction, that is a problem that needs addressing, either in the penalty for turning in tasks...for all guilds, or changing the requirements a hair...

also, and it's been a while, but don't the restrictions only come into play when you have to be taught? You can teach any skill, I just can't recall if they have to be close in ranks to get the reps.

-jurp