Armor 02/18/2017 02:00 PM CST
So I've decided my sorcerer's armor needs to finally be improved and, sadly, the leathers that were sold to me as full leather ended up being doubles, so they went to my empath.....

I have a few million to work with by this point, so I can afford to be on the look-out for something that has qualities I wouldn't have considered earlier. Does anyone have any ideas for what I should keep my eyes open for as far as special qualities beyond the obvious (crit-padding)?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Armor 02/18/2017 04:46 PM CST

You should wear doubles 😀
Re: Armor 02/21/2017 02:16 PM CST
I second wearing the doubles 2% is worth not having your head caved in.
Re: Armor 02/21/2017 02:23 PM CST
Along with rolling a 1 (fumble), hindrance has caused more deaths than it was worth. Glad to be in fulls and wish I had been pre-cap.
Re: Armor 02/21/2017 07:23 PM CST
<I second wearing the doubles 2% is worth not having your head caved in.>

Hindrance preventing a spell from being cast is more likely to get me killed then soft leather protection on my head is to prevent it. It's bad enough I can't train off the 1% chance of a fumble, I'm not adding on to it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Armor 02/28/2017 10:27 PM CST
It's the clusters of failure that are most frustrating. Hindrance, hindrance, runestaff flared except fumble!, roll less than a 50 eight times in a row...

- Xorus' player

>Level: 46
>Strongest foe vanquished: an infernal lich