Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/11/2015 07:00 PM CDT
This was a shadowling messenger that showed up around 6pm on Saturday 4/11.

Tomorrow. I have no idea what time.

- Xorus' player

A blurred light grey shadowling drifts into the area.
A stream of dark smoke issues forth from a blurred light grey shadowling towards you. A message begins to echo in your mind as the smoke surrounds you, "Lord Vathon will be making an urgent appearance at the Faendryl Embassy in Ta'Illistim tomorrow evening. He will be discussing an upcoming journey to the Lorae'tyr valence and teaching uncommon runes from all valences."
A blurred light grey shadowling drifts out of the area.

Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/11/2015 07:28 PM CDT

Got so caught up in the shadowling message I forgot to put a time. I'm thinking like 10:15, after a certain TV show. I'll send out some more messaging tonight and tomorrow as a reminder.
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/12/2015 07:45 PM CDT
I cannot imagine what show this could possibly be...
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/12/2015 07:45 PM CDT
Is this still on for tonight? :)

~ GtG
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/12/2015 07:49 PM CDT

Yep
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/12/2015 11:55 PM CDT
Your guess is as good as mine about what this experimental magic will turn out to be.

I will go with making verlok out of slabs of metal.

- Xorus' player

Suddenly, bright viridian lightning lashes in all directions from a point in midair. A rift opens at that point, and Vathon steps out of the rift. Twisting magical energy halos Vathon for a moment before fading away as the rift vanishes.

Drauz says, "Good evening all."

>look vathon
You see Lord Vathon Kel'Driss Faendryl the Basilican Summoner.
He appears to be a Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be wizened with age. He has silver-flecked black eyes and dusky skin. He has very short, thick white hair. He has an angular face and narrow pointed ears.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a sleek silver pentagram necklace, some sigil-incised deep black Faendryl robes with wide crimson-banded sleeves, a time-worn ashen leather satchel, a twisted mithril signet ring, a scorched wyrwood rattle, and a pair of black leather boots.

Speaking in Guildspeak to Solmarar, Allereli says, "Tell that to the Basilica when they come to investigate you."

Rozy turns to Vathon and cheers!

Shanng bows to Vathon.

Vathon twists his head slightly, cracking his neck. He looks relieved.

Rekarth nods.

Durakar smiles at Vathon.

Allereli nods to Vathon in greeting.

Heathyr nods to Vathon in greeting.

Magdalina nods to Vathon in greeting.

Ises nods to Vathon in greeting.

Solmarar nods to Vathon in greeting.

Lylia places a hand over her heart.

Lylia bows to Vathon.

Xorus leans on his runestaff.

Speaking to Vathon, Heathyr says, "Good evening, Lord Vathon."

Vathon says, "Good evening, I'm glad you all could make it here on such short notice. I'm sure there are much more interesting places for you to be tonight than here."

Malkave nods to Vathon in greeting.

Venrath nods at Vathon.

Malkave shakes his head.

Rozy violently shakes her head in the negative, causing several strands of long hair to fall free and trail around her face in tiny wisps.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Venrath says, "No, not for myself."

Xorus says, "The Illistim love me."

Vathon grins wryly.

Lylia says, "After hearing the specifics of your announcement, I would not have missed it for anything."

Speaking to Vathon, Durakar says, "Nae very many after hearing mention of your trip."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Shanng offhandedly says, "Interesting is an abstract construct."

Heathyr agrees with Durakar.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Allereli says, "Yes, it seems as though I've joined a halfling ship's crew temporarily."

Lylia grins at Allereli.

Heathyr begins chuckling at Allereli!

Solmarar scoffs at Allereli.

Rekarth cocks his head.

Rozy giggles at Allereli.

Solmarar taps the tip of his black orase runestaff on the ground.

Vathon takes a deliberate breath of air and exhales slowly.

Heathyr says, "Was very tempted to sink that ship earlier."

Vathon says, "I regret to inform you all that this will, in all likelihood, be the last time you will be meeting with me."

Heathyr examines her fingernails.

Rozy turns an inquisitive ear toward Vathon.

Xorus says, "Mm."

Shanng nods once.

Solmarar squints at Vathon.

Rozy frowns.

Heathyr sighs heavily.

Magdalina sighs.

Rekarth looks thoughtfully at Vathon.

Drauz says, "I think their spinners purposefully aren't picking me."

Heathyr says, "We feared as much."

Drauz rubs his halfling skin satchel.

Lylia sighs.

Lylia nods at Heathyr.

Vathon clears his throat.

Rozy hangs her head and glances at Vathon with sad eyes.

Vathon says, "For you see, I meet with you now without the full cooperation and support of the Basilica."

Heathyr raises an eyebrow.

Lylia closes her eyes for a moment.

Rozy quickly ducks behind Heathyr.

Speaking to Vathon, Durakar says, "I am sure you have your pick of those Palestra back at the Basilica clamoring to join you, but ifin you seek any additional help I offer my own hand to join those ranks."

Malkave nods slowly.

Heathyr rubs Rozy.

Durakar blinks.

Speaking curiously to Vathon, Shanng asks, "Say again?"

Durakar coughs.

Rekarth cocks his head at Vathon.

Rolfard just arrived.

Vathon says, "Several months ago, I stumbled upon a journal from a Sorcerer name Chournd Dralhavaen. If the name sounds familiar, it is because he is quoted in the Enchiridions I've been handing out the past couple of years."

Rozy nods slowly.

Solmarar raises his eyebrow, the glaes bar set within only enhancing his skeptical expression.

Malkave nods.

Ises nods.

Vathon says, "Being rather inquisitive, I started to read his journal. Apart from his aspirations to travel, he also dabbled, like many Faendryl, in experimental magic."

Malkave smiles.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Venrath says, "That is my favorite sort, at times."

A faceted sliver of black shadowglass on Shanng's forehead flares into ebony flames, causing the air around Shanng to waver.

Vathon says, "In reading some of his work, I became fascinated with him and his experiments. I petitioned the Basilica to go on a search mission to Lorae'tyr."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rozy blurts, "Am know .. uh.. uh.."

Rozy coughs.

Rozy clasps her hand over her mouth.

A faceted sliver of black shadowglass that Shanng is wearing grows still as he taps it.

Solmarar glances at Rozy.

Drauz removes a rounded copper flask from his leather wand belt.

Vathon says, "Needless to say, they said no and reminded me of the punishment for even attempting to pierce the Ward."

Drauz takes a long swig from his copper flask.

Drauz looks rather relaxed.

Drauz attaches a rounded copper flask to his leather wand belt.

Rekarth rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Vathon says, "Never one to fully acquiesce to authority, and never one to be been known to keep his thoughts to himself, I stormed out of the Basilica cursing Shieltine's Ward and vowing to bring Chournd Dhalhavaen and his experimental magic back to our place and time."

Rolfard tries to bristle, but only succeeds in grimacing.

Heathyr slowly empties her lungs.

Solmarar nods at Vathon.

Rozy glances nervously around the room.

As Durakar whispers to the ivory white skull on his scaled travel pack, one of its arms unfreezes and swings out, carrying a veil iron key. It carefully inserts the key into the lock, and with a CLICK, it opens!

Durakar carefully moves the skeleton's hands out of the way and opens his scaled travel pack.

Durakar glances at Vathon.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "Do not worry about them."

Vathon says, "Tomorrow morning, with the aid of several defectors from New Ta'Faendryl, I will pierce Shieltine's Ward and travel to Lorae'tyr. From what we all know, the possibilities of ever encountering one another again are incredibly slim."

Xorus says, "Impressively dangerous."

Lord Silvean just arrived.

Heathyr nods understandingly at Vathon.

Malkave softly says, "Interesting."

Rozy shivers.

Silvean put a vruul skin-bound book with a painfully contorted face stretched across the cover in his black warlock's robes.

The dim celadon wisps about Rolfard's hands flare up once more and fade completely away.

Allereli nods to Silvean in greeting.

Lylia nods at Silvean.

Rolfard clasps his hand over his mouth.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "Anything we can do to assist you acomplish this."

Lylia whispers something to Silvean.

Vathon says, "That being said, I am armed with some new knowledge that could potentially allow me to return to this time, with Chournd, but again, my return to you all is unlikely."

Speaking to Vathon, Durakar says, "Where might you be seeking to launch this venture from? There should at least be a Guard present to help ensure the damage caused is minimal."

Durakar mutters under his breath.

Heathyr raises an eyebrow in Vathon's direction.

Xorus nods at Lylia.

Vathon says, "I cannot endanger anyone here by being involved in what I am going to partake in. Even witnessing such an event would mean a lifetime of pain."

Xorus says, "Quite."

Heathyr scratches her chin.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "I accept any consiquences."

Solmarar nods.

Lylia bites her lip.

Malkave softly says, "Pain is a small price, for knowledge."

(Rozy seems to be trying to make herself as small as possible as Vathon speaks.)

Vathon says, "I am unsure if the Basilica will send another Summoner to teach you all the runes you've yet to learn, yet wish to, but I sincerely hope they follow my lead."

Rolfard raspily asks, "Are you going to create a reposiitory of the wealth of this new knowledge in case of your non-reeturn?"

Speaking to Vathon, Heathyr says, "I'm uncertain whether to commend you for your bravery, or chide you for your foolishness. But either way...I'm sure you have our support."

Magdalina nods slowly.

Heathyr glances appraisingly around the room.

Lylia nods at Heathyr.

Vathon says, "One of the driving factors for me was to come here with all of my Sorcerer brethren to share our experiences for the betterment of the art, and I truly hope you all gained something other than the uncommon rune or two."

Lylia nods at Shanng.

Shanng nods.

Rolfard nods once.

Speaking to Vathon, Silvean says, "You shouldn't harbor any doubts about that."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Venrath says, "This is actually our first time meeting, I think. I have been travelling abroad for the past 7 or 8 years now..."

Lylia says, "And rest assured you have accomplished that."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Allereli says, "Your sessions have been a boon to the community."

Heathyr adopts an agreeable expression.

Heathyr says, "Quite so."

Vathon smiles.

Rekarth looks thoughtfully at Vathon.

Ises adopts an agreeable expression.

Malkave agrees with Allereli.

Rozy shivers.

Vathon says, "So that being said and out of the way, let us begin our final session..."

Shanng says, "The ...reassurance, that I've been doing things right is of huge value."

Shanng grins.

Venrath smiles at Lylia.

Drauz says, "What new knowledge are you armed with? Perhaps it would be best to share incase you do not return."

Magdalina idly scratches herself on the neck.

Speaking simply in Guildspeak to Lylia, Venrath says, "Thank you."

Vathon says, "All will be revealed in time."

Vathon nods at Drauz.

Malkave softly says, "Or.. you die horrifically and your body is spit out in five, six hundred years."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Allereli says, "You could leave some of us with some teachings, so that we might be able to continue your work."

Speaking to Allereli, Vathon says, "But you see, I already have."

Magdalina smiles.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "There has to be a way to hold the rift open long enough for a safe return."

Vathon says, "For tonight, I will teach you any uncommon rune from any valence."

Lylia shifts her eyes to Solmarar.

Rolfard hangs his head.

>look
[Faendryl Embassy, Assemblage]
Covered with a rich, cinereal wool carpet, the marbled alabaster floor melds smoothly with the walls, veins of crimson contrasting with their immaculate surface. A large ebon marble fireplace dominates the room, a basket of sticks resting at its base. A number of small meeting tables are set along the perimeter, and a dark sideboard has been placed to the side, its surface covered with various bowls and platters. You also see the Solmarar disk.
Also here: Lord Silvean, Rolfard, Lord Vathon, Lord Shanng, Lord Solmarar, Venrath, Boatswain Allereli, Malkave, Lady Ises, Rozy, Lord Rekarth, Lord Xorus, Boatswain Melivn, Lady Heathyr, Durakar, Magdalina, Lady Lylia, Boatswain Drauz
Obvious exits: north

Speaking raspily to Vathon, Rolfard says, "You've been quite generous with this knowledge."

Speaking to Solmarar, Vathon says, "Possibly, but not long enough to mount a search party for Chournd."

Lylia nods at Shanng.

Malkave agrees with Rolfard.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "I know I can get 50 men and women together right now willing to make this happen as quickly as possible."

Vathon says, "I will certainly miss our meetings, and am thankful to have gained an audience."

Lylia says, "I understand why you could not tell us before now, given the danger inherent in breaching the Ward, but I do wish there were something we could do."

Heathyr nods at Vathon.

Malkave nods.

Vathon says, "This is something that I must do alone."

Lylia flatly says, "Fifty men."

Rolfard gazes heavenward.

Heathyr furrows her brow.

Shanng grins at Lylia.

Speaking darkly in Guildspeak to Vathon, Solmarar says, "Your teachings can not be lost like this. There must be another way ...."

Speaking to Vathon, Heathyr says, "Then, it seems, all we have to offer you...are our blesings."

Solmarar begins to twitch.

Rozy nods in agreement at Heathyr.

Vathon smiles at Heathyr.

Speaking to Heathyr, Vathon says, "That will keep me going for quite some time, I can assure you."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rozy offers, "Or curses, dependings on which work better for yous."

Heathyr smiles at Vathon.

Heathyr grins at Rozy.

Rozy ducks her head.

Solmarar slowly empties his lungs.

Vathon says, "Now then."

Vathon turns to face Drauz.

Speaking softly to Vathon, Lylia says, "Know, then, that you go with the certainty that you have already contributed greatly to the sum of our knowledge, and that you will never be forgotten. It is perhaps not as useful to take with you as an army, but it is all I could offer."

Lylia acidly says, "As I do not have fifty whole people to command."

Lylia narrows her eyes.

Vathon grins at Lylia.

Heathyr nods at Lylia.

Speaking to Lylia, Shanng says, "The curse of being a proper Summoner, and not a necromancer."

Shanng grins at Lylia.

Lylia nods at Shanng.

Vathon says, "These sessions have been some of my proudest work."

Lylia smiles at Vathon.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Venrath says, "I regret having missed them."

Solmarar turns an inquisitive ear toward Vathon.

Speaking to Drauz, Vathon asks, "Do you wish to learn tonight?"

Vathon raises an eyebrow in Drauz's direction.

Lylia nods at Venrath.

Drauz nods.

Drauz says, "I fear it may be my last chance to."

Vathon says, "Knowing the Basilica? You could be right."

Vathon grins wryly.

>[.. teaching begins... skipping ahead to the end]

Vathon takes Deckits aside for a quick lesson in demonic summoning.

Deckits stands up.

Durakar removes a rolaren war mattock with a long haft wrapped with stitched-together wolf pelts from in his scaled travel pack.

Holding the edge of his black silk cape, Deckits dips an elegant bow. The cape billows out behind him as if caught upon an unfelt breeze. Deckits glances up and flashes an evil grin. The tips of his solid diamond fangs are clearly visible protruding from beneath his upper lip.

Durakar thrusts his rolaren war mattock into the floor and strikes a heroic pose.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "Lord Vathon, by the authority granted to me through the Basilica I insist that you come along peacefully to stand trial for the heresy you have committed for stating your intent to pierce the Ward and to name your co-conspirators."

Xorus chuckles.

Vathon rolls his eyes at Durakar.

Durakar stares unwaveringly at Vathon.

Vathon slowly empties his lungs.

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon asks, "Are you going to do that?"

Vathon grins wryly.

Melivn says, "Void em."

Deckits begins chortling at Durakar.

Melivn grins.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "It will be easier on you if you come along."

Lylia turns her head toward Durakar to favor him with a silent, withering gaze.

Melivn says, "Void em."

Deckits begins chortling at Durakar.

Melivn grins.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "It will be easier on you if you come along."

Lylia turns her head toward Durakar to favor him with a silent, withering gaze.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rozy exclaims, "Poofs!"

Xorus leans on his runestaff.

Magdalina raises an eyebrow.

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon says, "First of all. You aren't a Palestran Guard. You hold no power, you are nothing."

Heathyr places her hands on her hips and casually surveys her surroundings.

Rozy leans forward.

Solmarar blinks.

Heathyr leans on Rozy.

Solmarar sniffs.

Rozy rummages through a grey sack.

Rozy removes a brilliant purple apple from in her grey sack.

Rozy sniffs at her purple apple.

Heathyr whispers something to Rozy.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "I have been Basilican trained and stand as a Palestran Guard. Come peacefully and allow that to speak to who you are."

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon says, "You are a poseur of the worst degree, parading as something you are not. You guard no Summoner. Please leave at once."

Lylia glances between Vathon and Durakar.

Reaching over her shoulder, Heathyr draws her hoarbeam runestaff from a series of straps on the back of her scorched black harness.

Venrath gets a blank look on her face.

The icy green corona surrounding Allereli's samara amulet rotates around in a circle.

Deckits rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Solmarar sniffs.

Lylia removes an intricate clockwork staff from in her black velvet cloak.

Magdalina steeples her fingers together, quietly observing her surroundings.

Solmarar tightens his grip on his black orase runestaff.

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon says, "No one at the Basilica has even heard of you. You are a mockery. I give you one last chance to leave."

Vathon glances at Durakar and folds his arms over his chest.

Heathyr whispers something to Rozy.

Rozy agrees with Heathyr.

Deckits flashes an evil grin. The tips of his solid diamond fangs are clearly visible, protruding from beneath his upper lip. His eyes suddenly glow with a deep dark hue.

You quietly whisper to Lylia, "Vicious. I wish it will turn to blood sport."

Rozy glances between Durakar and Vathon.

Lylia whispers, "It appears it might soon."

Vathon taps his foot impatiently.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "I have held several as those I guard, and the law above all. I shall take you before those who do know me within the Basilica and prove your words false."

Magdalina slowly says, "Indeed. It would be best if you left."

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon says, "I can assure you, that you do not. You never have, and you never will."

Silvean gazes heavenward.

Solmarar coughs.

Ises raises an eyebrow.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Solmarar says, "Can we just open a void and be done with this interuption."

Shanng bows to Lylia.

Speaking to Durakar, Vathon says, "Last chance..."

Lylia nods at Rozy.

Lifting first one foot and then another, Venrath slowly backpedals.

Speaking in Faendryl to Vathon, Durakar says, "I wonder... if you say that none at the Basilica know me... are you truely from there at all? All the more interesting."

Durakar stares unwaveringly at Vathon.

Vathon glances at Durakar and yawns.

Speaking to Durakar, Heathyr says, "I'd do as he says. He has absolutely nothing to lose here."

(Venrath prepares herself for the very likely rain of gore.)

Vathon traces a sign that contorts in the air while he forcefully incants a dark invocation...
Vathon gestures at Durakar.
A void rips open in the area, directly above Durakar!
Durakar is sucked into the void!
Rather abrupt decompression causes Durakar to explode!
Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
Quite severely dead.
** * Durakar has been vaporized!**

** * Durakar drops dead at your feet!**

Everything in the room seemed to stay in place. The void disappears without further incident.
** * Durakar just bit the dust!**

Drauz says, "I think a one way ticket to the center of town."

Solmarar cackles!

Rozy glances down.

Heathyr says, "Too late."

Melivn lets out a cheer!

Magdalina smirks as a haughty expression flits across her face.

Venrath flutters her eyelashes.

Solmarar waves.

Rekarth dusts off his silk robes.

Lylia firmly says, "It is a bit preposterous to threaten a condemned man with death, at any rate."

Speaking in Faendryl, Shanng exclaims, "Neat!"

Deckits chortles softly at some secret joke.

Vathon waves his hand in a dismissive gesture.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Solmarar says, "Ok so ... were where we."

Silvean dusts himself off.

As Allereli shakes her head, small flakes of ash fall slowly toward the ground.

Deckits says, "Such a satisfying pop."

Speaking diplomatically to Vathon, Lylia says, "Not, of course, that you are condemned."

Deckits adopts an agreeable expression.

Melivn says, "Best. meeting. ever."

(Venrath wipes blood and gore away from her eyes and squints around the area.)

Deckits slowly empties his lungs.

Deckits agrees with Melivn.

Vathon says, "Killing our own kind is not something I take lightly."

Magdalina says, "Our Lord Vathon was kind enough to give several chances."

Speaking to Melivn, Deckits says, "Rare to see one of the masters voids."

Lylia says, "And on that note, I must be off. But I would not have missed this, nor the chance to thank you."

(Rozy flicks a gobbet of flesh off her frock.)

Deckits adopts an agreeable expression.

Lylia nods at Vathon.

Lylia dusts off her black velvet cloak.

Vathon says, "However, parading as a Palestran Guard is an offense worse than the one I am about to commit tomorrow morning."

Magdalina adopts an agreeable expression.

Heathyr says, "I know little of such matters, but the arrogance alone was worth being imploded."

Heathyr waves her hand in a dismissive gesture.

Magdalina mutters amateur.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rekarth says, "It is important, I find, to remain somewhat flexible on the matter."

Rozy hums a seemingly random tune.

Vathon says, "In any case..."

Speaking to Vathon, Silvean says, "You are all tender kindness, Vathon. I will be certain to send my cleaning bill to the Palestra Pretender Division."

Silvean nods at Lylia.

Lylia gives Silvean a lingering kiss on the wrist.

Lylia begins chuckling at Silvean!

Rozy bursts out in a sudden snort of laughter.

Xorus asks, "Do these meetings not always end with implosions?"

Vathon says, "Please let me express my extreme gratitude to you all for allowing me to teach you these short years."

Rozy looks over at Xorus and shakes her head.

Speaking to Xorus, Heathyr says, "Only the good ones."

Shanng grins at Silvean.

Lylia says, "Too short."

Lylia nods at Vathon.

Shanng turns to face Vathon.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Rozy exclaims, "Going out with a bang!"

Heathyr nods at Vathon.

Magdalina laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.

Vathon says, "I do hope we all meet again sometime in the future."

Vathon says, "Or, the past, as it were."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Rozy says, "Will."

Lylia smiles at Vathon.

Ises nods at Vathon.

Rekarth nods at Vathon.

Speaking to Vathon, Heathyr says, "It is you who deserve our gratitude, Lord Vathon."

Magdalina smiles at Vathon.

Lylia says, "I believe we shall."

Speaking in Guildspeak, Ises softly says, "Will be interesting to hear what ye learn on your quest."

Vathon smiles.

Silvean bows to Vathon.

Speaking to Vathon, Melivn says, "Best of luck."

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Allereli says, "I am sure we shall meet again."

Lylia says, "Such wonders and horrors you will see! You must come back to tell us of them."

Malkave rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Rozy shifts her eyes to Lylia.

Heathyr nods at Lylia.

Vathon smiles.

Vathon says, "I must go quietly out of the City. Who knows how loud that coward can yell once someone gets him up."

Magdalina folds her arms over her chest.

Speaking in Guildspeak, Venrath says, "It is likely irrelevant.

Xorus says, "I might have breathed in some pretender."

Vathon grins.

Rozy agrees with Venrath.

Heathyr gives a sigh of agreement.

Shanng grins.

Silvean smirks.

Rozy lets out a great honking sneeze!

Speaking in Guildspeak, Solmarar says, "We can keep him entertained."

Deckits bows to Vathon.

Lady Lylia just went north.

Solmarar cackles!

Speaking in Guildspeak, Allereli says, "A Faendryl yelling in this city does not garner much positive attention."

Malkave softly says, "Knowing you're going to die horribly and still trying to stop someone isn't cowardice."

Magdalina amusedly says, "Good luck finding all his pieces."

Rolfard grins at Magdalina.

Malkave softly says, "Stupid and delusional, perhaps, but not cowardice."

Vathon says, "Farewell, friends."

Speaking to Vathon, Shanng asks, "Maybe don't carry the rattle visibly, hmm?"

Folding his left arm behind his back and dipping to one knee, Solmarar bows respectfully to Vathon and inclines his head.

Vathon waves.

Speaking to Vathon, Heathyr says, "Farewell."

Rekarth bows to Vathon.

Magdalina waves to Vathon.

Allereli waves to Vathon.

Shanng waves.

Melivn takes the edge of his Faendryl cape and holds it out, as he bows low in a courtly fashion.

Rolfard clasps his hands in a reverent gesture.

Venrath nods slowly at Vathon.

Ises waves to Vathon.

Speaking in Guildspeak to Vathon, Venrath says, "May you find what you seek."

(Rozy waves sadly to Vathon.)

Drauz says, "Farewell."

Vathon smiles.

Lord Vathon just went north.
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/13/2015 03:02 AM CDT
Totally missed this!

Thank you for posting.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/13/2015 05:51 AM CDT

Thanks to everyone who was able to come out on such short notice, and apologies to those who couldn't make it. I very much appreciate all the kind words expressed, it was a fantastic send off.
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/13/2015 07:26 PM CDT
Tyr' jumping? I demand pics!
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/15/2015 07:32 AM CDT
I went ahead and asked a few other GMs if they would be interested in continuing these events as I leave staff, so hopefully you all won't be without rune events in the future. Catch you all on the flip-side!

~ Q
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/15/2015 10:06 AM CDT

>I went ahead and asked a few other GMs if they would be interested in continuing these events as I leave staff, so hopefully you all won't be without rune events in the future. Catch you all on the flip-side!

was hoping that wasn't the case. Thanks again for putting in all the time to get people taught.
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/15/2015 01:49 PM CDT
We're all gonna miss you, Q! (No, really!)

Now we plot the arrival of the fresh meat to ask why certain uncommon runes don't exist.

plot plot plot

Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/15/2015 01:59 PM CDT
Don't exist and unavailable to players are two different things.

/plot

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/15/2015 09:58 PM CDT
Well then,

Thank you so much for everything you have done for us!

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/16/2015 03:48 AM CDT
Does anybody know the dikar'fyn rune?

~ GtG
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/16/2015 12:12 PM CDT
>Does anybody know the dikar'fyn rune?

I was thinking of some of the specific verlok runes, not things for scroll work. There was a nice post a couple years back with a comprehensive list of which demonology runes ought to exist in principle but do not. At the time, we were told they did not exist (not that they were merely unavailable to players), as I recall.

Anyway, here are two of the threads I dug up:

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/GemStone%20IV/Sorcerers/Sorcerous%20Lore%20-%20Demonology/thread/1531321

http://www.tinyheroes.com/forums/GemStone%20IV/Sorcerers/Sorcerer%20General%20Discussion/thread/1544495

It could be I misunderstood the difference of "exist" vs. "not available to players" though I'm not sure the distinction is clear to me...

Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/16/2015 02:11 PM CDT
<<<I was thinking of some of the specific verlok runes, not things for scroll work. There was a nice post a couple years back with a comprehensive list of which demonology runes ought to exist in principle but do not. At the time, we were told they did not exist (not that they were merely unavailable to players), as I recall. >>>

I understand where you're coming from regarding the demonology runes. But for me, dikar'fyn would totally rock. I'm simply curious if this rune actually exists, anywhere. :)

~ GtG
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/16/2015 02:17 PM CDT

>I'm simply curious if this rune actually exists, anywhere. :)

runestones were distributed at a couple of EGs, and I believe there is an item that makes them, but I don't believe anyone has ever been taught it.
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/17/2015 12:20 AM CDT
a cracked red obsidian runestone

makes a great paper weight in my locker.

Unfortunately, we were not able to learn the rune and the stone can not be recharged....thanks?

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/17/2015 06:25 AM CDT
> But for me, dikar'fyn would totally rock. I'm simply curious if this rune actually exists, anywhere. :)

Yes. I asked about the same thing when I started regularly reading/posting on the forums.

There aren't really many scrolls it would unlock (any?) that the other runes cannot. As far as I can see, it would modestly reduce the number of recharging sessions and a minor tedium. So as much as learning the rune would be really cool, especially from an RP perspective, the mechanical advantage is not huge. These days I'd rather see odeir'cos wrapped into some other method (Elemental Detection, a verb that's unlocked with learning Scroll Infusion) as much or more than this one made available to learn.

But the long story short is, don't bother saving an uncommon rune slot for dikar'fyn. I've already learned 6 uncommon runes, and I figure I'll be more likely to forget another one I was taught for a cool verlok rune much much sooner than the chance to learn dikar'fyn.

And if you ever get one on a runestone, it's more of a rare artifact than something you'd want to waste actually using!

Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/17/2015 09:45 AM CDT
And if you ever get one on a runestone, it's more of a rare artifact than something you'd want to waste actually using!

This... I remember getting one and thinking ... cool!!... BUT... is just an artifact that collects dust.
Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Lord Vathon Urgent Appearance 04/17/2015 02:56 PM CDT
<<<There aren't really many scrolls it would unlock (any?) that the other runes cannot. As far as I can see, it would modestly reduce the number of recharging sessions and a minor tedium. So as much as learning the rune would be really cool, especially from an RP perspective, the mechanical advantage is not huge. These days I'd rather see odeir'cos wrapped into some other method (Elemental Detection, a verb that's unlocked with learning Scroll Infusion) as much or more than this one made available to learn.>>>

Very good points. But with the sheer number of scrolls I infuse, those extra charges would add up to a significant savings in time. It may not be a huge mechanical advantage, but anything that reduces tedium and increases my "play time" is a valuable commodity, for me! I love demons, and would welcome the chance to learn more summoning runes. But my characters use scrolls constantly. On the balance, dikar'fyn would be more valuable to me than any other rune.

~ GtG