Custom Nightmare 03/19/2015 11:09 AM CDT

Havent seen a custom nightmare merchant in a while, at least not in Prime. Any plans on one coming around anytime soon?
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 08:24 AM CDT
So, GM-Q (aka Lord Vathon) had been doing a lot of uncommon rune teaching. We discussed at the last session at the end of 2014 the way to proceed. One really neat suggestion by a player was visiting the realms perhaps (not Lorae'Tyr, of course).

Another possible way to go about it would be to rotate years. One year runes, the next year nightmares, etc. Of course, nightmares require a lot more QC and time to pull off, and clearly not every sorcerer that shows up to each event will be guaranteed to get one, unlike runes. Do a spinner or room order or whatever. Maybe do 5 a month, with the even run 6 times a year or something like that.

I'm just tossing out ideas since uh...I have a custom nightmare and 5 uncommon runes ^_^

There was one custom nightmare event I can remember that wasn't at a pay for festival, but I think it must have been several years ago now. And of course, there's no reason it must be rotated with uncommon runes, I was just thinking about balancing the workload for staff.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 10:05 AM CDT

I'm not sure what happened with Customs Nightmares as a service, I got one my first minute back and there was no QC step involved.
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 11:11 AM CDT
Mine took about a month I want to say, perhaps longer. However, I got it at RtCF so I'm sure the GMs had their hands full.

The best part ever was when my custom nightmare was halfway completed, I tried using it. I got random messages from different people's nightmares...it was probably the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.

Someone had a custom nightmare like you're riding along in a cart near a narrow cliff edge and start to worry some of the mushrooms may fall out.

Then I'd get something about a friend inviting you to come out into the water in the ocean?

And who knows what else. I made my custom nightmare related somewhat to insanity, but I saw all those things together and I was like, wow why didn't I think to make some totally disconnected weird things! (But, I like mine anyway.)

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 11:18 AM CDT

>Someone had a custom nightmare like you're riding along in a cart near a narrow cliff edge and start to worry some of the mushrooms may fall out.

that's one of the standard choices
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 02:36 PM CDT
>that's one of the standard choices

I'm well known for being literate and reading lots of articles. ^_^

Re: Custom Nightmare 03/24/2015 07:48 PM CDT
I have the drowning nightmare whenever I cast it on myself. I'm not sure what the other nightmare is, I will have to try when I have no defensive spells.

One of my other characters has the world ending to "Chaos", which was almost funny in its abstractness.

- Xorus' player

A grizzled old warrior rubs his shoulder and glances up at the sky. "Feels like the weather is changing," he says.
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/27/2015 12:24 PM CDT

When custom nightmares came out they didn't require a QC process, but were done right then and there. But I think nightmares are broken, as the last few times someone nailed me with one it was missing a lot of messaging.

Also, next time Lord Vathon is doing some demonology work, could someone let me know in advance? I don't check in here often enough, but if I know with a few days notice I can usually get Malkave there a few hours early and do illusion work with people. He's a master of illusions(so glad I got that done before alchemy came out). Thanks!
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/27/2015 12:27 PM CDT
SHAD0WS0NGS
When custom nightmares came out they didn't require a QC process, but were done right then and there. But I think nightmares are broken, as the last few times someone nailed me with one it was missing a lot of messaging.

I believe that issue was fixed back in December. If you're still seeing otherwise, please post a log and I'll investigate.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Custom Nightmare 03/27/2015 10:36 PM CDT
>Also, next time Lord Vathon is doing some demonology work, could someone let me know in advance?

I'll try! We all love GM-Q but usually I expect he wants to be sure he can make a time he chooses. So perhaps like me, he prefers to do it at the last minute.