Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/15/2014 10:16 AM CDT
Join Lord Vathon Kel'Driss at the Faendryl Embassy in Ta'Illistim to discuss demonic summoning and general sorcery. These monthly events will be an extension of last years celebration of the Enchiridion Valentia, and as such, Lord Vathon will be teaching demonic runes based on the topic of that month. This month will be Grik'Tyr. All sorcerers will be eligible for a rune teaching, regardless of previous years participation.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/16/2014 05:00 AM CDT
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Time to get that fifth rune! And to think, when I came back a couple years ago, I wondered, "Why on earth is there a five rune limit? I don't even have one!" I think I'll need a third from Lorae'tyr though, but which one? Decisions, decisions.

I have a question. I have in mind to perhaps add a copy of the the Enchirdion Valentia to a BHA library (since we have a new Annex in the works which will eventually have a library). Kaldonis received a personalized copy last year, but I wondered if firstly this book is possible to add to a CHE library, and if so, if one could be inscribed to Beacon Hall rather than my character. It came to my mind when a non-sorcerer was interested in a copy for RP purposes (which I bought for them from the guild). They are not easily accessible to the wider public, and it's a great read.

I think I speak for everyone expressing appreciation for the dedicated and regular release of the uncommon runes.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/16/2014 12:40 PM CDT

Hmm. When I started the rune teaching thing at the beginning of last year, GM Vanah and myself modified the original script so that I could add personalized inscriptions. However, without getting into too much detail, it's basically inscribed to a person's name and name only. I'd have to double check how it works, but I would probably wind up having to take a standard one found in the guild and altering it. You might want to shoot an email to GM Luneth and CC me on it, I'm not sure if that falls into a CHE perk or if she'd allow that, as CHE stuff isn't really my realm.

Cool idea, though!
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/16/2014 04:11 PM CDT
I definitely need to firstly run it by my fellow officers, and Luneth as well. The Grik'Tyr event this week almost overlaps with a BHA event in any case, and Kaldonis is submitting a picture book on Lorae'Tyr (which of course I'll syndicate). It can be left to the imagination if he's totally crazy or happened to have been sent there against his will, naturally. I'll try to make the first half of this event just for fun, if I can, though.

Another thought that crossed my mind as I may hit the critical number this year is the shame of the wy'zio implementation. Obviously, this is not time sensitive, but it would seem cooler to be able to permanently transfer the knowledge of an uncommon rune to someone else than have it utterly forgotten. One may suppose that it incurred serious nerve and head damage (or possibly death) to forget it while teaching it, but it wouldn't seem to get around any loop holes to the spirit of uncommon runes. Probably the simplest thing, backend-wise, might be a new common rune to allow such a thing.

Mostly, I'd like Kaldonis to know all the Lorae'tyr runes. At RtCF, he ended up with only the Shien'tyr valence when it came to him so I selected shien as the best choice. It worked out that I was extremely happy, since I traded my teachings for imp and abyran'sa, which were the choices I wanted for those two valences based on his (somewhat modified) backstory. I also know that at least, in game, Lord Vathon stated this was his favorite uncommon rune (or minor demon). For me and Kaldonis, it turned out that it was mainly the trade value which was extremely high (and there wasn't another way to work out a trade for more Lorae'Tyr runes, either).

So if I may have the chance to fill up all my uncommon rune slots this year, when not too long ago I wondered if I'd ever learn one, I start looking to the future, and thinking what a shame it is to forget an uncommon rune when I have good friends that didn't have a chance to learn so many.

As a very unrelated question, which I mainly ask just as a point of information for my fellow demonologists, are there plans to expand the present uncommon rune list? We found out last year that not all uncommon runes actually exist. For myself at present, while I might have wanted a more specified verlok rune last year, I would plan to go for either Grantris or Igaesha this year.

Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/16/2014 07:29 PM CDT
<<to be able to permanently transfer the knowledge of an uncommon rune to someone else than have it utterly forgotten.>>

I can say with confidence that this sort of thing would not get approved.

<<Probably the simplest thing, backend-wise, might be a new common rune to allow such a thing.>>

Not really my realm, but again, the chances of this happening are slim-to-none.

<< are there plans to expand the present uncommon rune list?>>

Not to my knowledge, no.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/17/2014 08:44 AM CDT
Thanks for the replies!

As to my initial question about putting it in a CHE library, the basic answer is that books cannot be directly put on to the bookshelf, since it's a different system. This is covered in pretty simple terms in the CHE Influecne Guide (I guess I had the impression that was for making new books and putting existing books was different). Anyway, as far as I can see, this is pretty much an issue strictly between the house and the CHE guru. If we wanted to have the book signed by Lord Vathon then probably we'd need your approval to use the name of your character, but it sounds like you'd be okay with that. But it turns out we didn't actually submit it annex yet, so don't hold your breath!

Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/17/2014 05:34 PM CDT
I wasn't ;)

But yes, I spoke with Luneth and the plain text is available on play.net, so I don't think it would be an issue to have it made into a library book. It wouldn't have all the cool scripty features the physical book has with the demons and zests, but I guess if you wanted an in-game reference, that's fine with me.
Re: Lord Vathon Teaches Uncommon Runes - Grik'Tyr (May 22, 2014) 8:30 - 9:00 (Plat) 9:00 - 10:00 (Prime) 05/20/2014 07:54 PM CDT
Sorcerers, if you want to work on illusions before hand, at least 1 Master of Illusions and an extra sorcerer audience member will be there from 7:30 until the start of the lecture. Get some illusion work done, go to the lecture, and maybe learn an uncommon rune.