Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 04:38 PM CST
Last night and today I have been getting inquiries about a set of items I found a while ago. I thought I would simply just share there details, it seems there is some confusion as to how and where they were found, and exactly what they are.

I thought there was a treasure folder, but i cant find it, and I did not want someone to mistaken this post as a marketplace one, intent solely on selling, so I opted out of the regular Solhaven folder. Solhaven is however as close as I know to the empire and with the nature of the items, I choose here. If it needs to be moved just let me know and I will post it in the correct place, just make me aware of where that folder is.

These items were taken off an undead creature, in what was as best I could call a rather nasty swarm. It was in the vacinity of the road around the lake of fear, that connects Ta'Vaalor to the Old Ta'Faendryl Forst.

What was found:

A filigreed painted maple cassone;

You estimate that a filigreed painted maple cassone can store a medium-sized amount with enough space for a number of items.
You determine that you could not wear the cassone. The cassone appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of wood.
Wreathed in silver filigree, the cassone is crafted of bird's eye maple and painted with highly detailed scenes. In one panel, several villagers move through the streets, each banging on pots and pans, while another houses the image of a mock trial being held around a large hall. The final panel displays the image of the villagers merrily drinking and laughing beneath the watchful gaze of an amused couple. Raised terracotta designs mark the ends of the piece and create the image of vast forests.

This appears to be furniture, something like a large chest or small dresser? it is closable, and I beleive has a working lock on it although I have no key to it.

Inside this Cassone was:

A white-edged hoarbeam greatshield;
In the Common language, it reads:
May I return with my shield, or upon it and wrapped in the flag.
Your careful inspection of a white-edged hoarbeam greatshield allows you to conclude that it is a tower shield that protects the bearer if carried in the left hand.
You determine that you could wear the greatshield, slinging it across your shoulders and back. The greatshield appears to serve some purpose.
It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of hoarbeam.
Edged in white, the greatshield is fashioned of hoarbeam that has a glossy finish on the back, beneath the sturdy straps, that highlights the faint, irregular grain. Upon the cover, the shield is covered with a wide sheet of gold-striped red fabric that is anchored to the other side by round black iron rivets. Embroidered into the center of the piece is a large black triskelion set before a golden sun. A fine script creates a small missive along the curving edge at the bottom of the device.

An off-center wide gold-plated belt cinched with ruby clusters.
>look at belt
You see nothing unusual.
>inspect belt
You carefully inspect your gold-plated belt.

You determine that you could wear the belt around your waist.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of gold.

A slender gold-filigree sheath

You determine that you could wear the sheath, attaching it to your belt. The sheath appears to serve some purpose.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of cloth.
>look my sheath
Wreathed in golden filigree, the sheath is crafted of twin tapered lengths of oak. Each piece is wrapped in glossy maroon silk and bound together with thick cords of braided white linen. Capped with rolaren at the bottom, the piece has a wide loop of leather that allows it to be worn from a belt.

an iron-hilted slender rolaren longsword

You remove an iron-hilted slender rolaren longsword from in your gold-filigree sheath.
>look my long
Razor sharp, the blade of the longsword is fashioned of rolaren that houses a damascened design of overlapping triskelions. Falling away from the hilt, a narrow fuller traverses the blade and gently tapers away before reaching the double-sided point. Maroon and white silk create an intricate braid around the hilt that provides an excellent grip, while a slender scarf of ebon is knotted beneath the black iron crossguard. Caged in gold, the counterweight is a faceted ruby with gold striations.
>inspect my long
You carefully inspect your slender rolaren longsword.

After a careful inspection you determine that an iron-hilted slender rolaren longsword requires skill in edged weapons to use effectively.

It looks like this item has been mainly crafted out of rolaren.

A filigreed gold and ruby band

You determine that you could wear the band around your finger. The band appears to serve some purpose.

There were also two items of female clothing, both matching, both very nice, they are no longer with the rest.

I would be very interested in knowing if they are tied to any particular culture. One inquiry was asking details about where and how it was found, as if it might be some form of royal items. No matter what they are, they are beautifully crafted, and seem to clearly be related to some particular group of people.
Re: Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 05:16 PM CST
This set was most likely created by GM Thandiwe as she's fessed up to make several other "Imperial" female boxes. This particular set represents Jantalar.

The symbol for the Barony of Jantalar: a black triskelion on a field of gold and red
Re: Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 05:26 PM CST
Wow. That's absolutely a fantastic find. Very impressively designed by the GM.

~Galenok
Re: Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 08:46 PM CST
Hurray! I love hearing that people find my feeder items. This is one of.. several. I've made a Mestanir, Brantur, Oire, Riverwood, South Hendor, Torre, and Vornavian Set.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Re: Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 10:11 PM CST
In Plat I've found the Vornavian set twice...

Khlat taps A HEAVY SANGUINE WOOLEN CLOAK, which is in his right hand.

Khlat exclaims, "Oh whoa!"
Re: Empire Treasure Find 02/28/2011 10:29 PM CST
>In Plat I've found the Vornavian set twice...

If you don't mind sharing, what does the Vornavian set look like?

-Kilthal

"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone."

"For all that this may cause Hell to freeze over, I agree with Kilthal." -Siwas
Re: Empire Treasure Find 03/01/2011 02:27 AM CST
I don't mind at all... some day I'll have to ask around and see if i can find the others... my little human in plat would love them.

a rounded mural-faced cassone
Crafted of cedar and overlaid with stucco, the cassone is a rather small specimen. Textured white paint spreads across the dark green of the lid to create the image of a pair of swans gliding through a pond. Water lilies surround the pair, whose necks are intertwined. Each corner and edge is rounded smooth for softer look, and the lid is shaped like an inverted tureen. Upon the left face, the image of Niima swimming with dolphins is displayed, while the right houses the walls of Vornavis.

a viridian swan-emblazoned lady's surcote edged in ecru

a hunter green Vornavian silk gown
Tailored with a scooped neck, the hunter green gown is fashioned of Vornavian silk. Fitted sleeves are bound to the shoulders of a smooth bodice that has a series of tiny black pearl buttons trailing down each side. Falling in unfettered lines, the full skirts are designed to dust the floor. A series of delicate white swan feathers are embroidered into a ring around the waist to create a threaded belt.

a delicate lacy ecru handkerchief
Delicate cotton lacing surrounds the thin square of ecru-hued Vornavian silk. Delicate and almost frail, the lace displays the image of daisies strung together in a child's chain. Embroidered into the center of the silk is the image of swan with its neck extended upward and its wings drawn back.

a woven tapestry-finish sheath
Heavy threads encircle the smooth thanot pieces that are the inner workings of the sheath to create a uniform dark green hue. Ecru, niveous, and soft grey strands form the image of a swan with its wings drawn back from its body and its neck extended towards the top. A pair of thin loops, near the back, allows the piece to be attached to a belt.

a wavy-bladed rolaren dagger
Fashioned of dark rolaren, the blade has an odd wave to it that stretches from point to crossguard. Snow white and emerald green suede are woven together to create cross-hatched pattern around the hilt, while an enormous diamond set into the cap of the hilt creates a decorative counter weight. A narrow crossguard, resembling two feathers touching quill to quill, bisects the piece and is crafted of silver.

Also.. Thandiwe, if you could do a Selanthia themed one and just "oops" drop it on my feet (or even drop it ON me)...

Khlat taps A HEAVY SANGUINE WOOLEN CLOAK, which is in his right hand.

Khlat exclaims, "Oh whoa!"
Re: Empire Treasure Find 03/01/2011 03:23 PM CST
The Vornavian set is lovely. Thank you for sharing.

-Kilthal

"He came like the wind, like the wind touched everything, and like the wind was gone."

"For all that this may cause Hell to freeze over, I agree with Kilthal." -Siwas
Re: Empire Treasure Find 03/01/2011 08:19 PM CST
Wow, these are beautiful.

Here's to hoping someone finds the others and is kind enough to share.

I mean, really. Wow.

-Daiyonn