Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/13/2013 11:40 AM CST
You hear me? MANDATORY.

I said I'd post one of these. And I thought in the spirit of current events, I'd try to make it topical and not just a mishmash of random ideas from my little brain. No crayons, no cheese.

1) When did you first bring a character to Solhaven? Was anything fun going on?
2) Why did your character stay instead of run screaming for dry land?
3) Did anyone help introduce you to the town and community? Who?
4) What's your favorite spot in town? Your character's?
5) Your favorite NPC? Your character's?
6) Surely nobody gets along with everybody? Who is your character's least favorite NPC? What did they do?
7) What's your favorite snack in town?
8) Suggest a new flavor of muffin.
9) A lot of us have been pretty out of touch for awhile. However, our character's haven't gone into limbo. What has yours been up to since Red Dreamer ended?
10) We've all talked about our OOC concerns, but surely your character has a cause or two. What's their biggest concern about the town?
11) Share a happy Solhaven memory.
12) Obligatory 'tell us a fun fact about your character' question. Bonus points if you stay on topic.
13) What's your favorite hunting area around town?
14) What are your character's thoughts on Shan?
15) There's tons of subterranean caves in the region. What's something you think is hiding down there?
16) Give us an idea for a player-run town event. It can be something simple, or not.
17) How come there's no tea in Venquinor Manor?
18) There's always lots of critters wandering around town. Cats. Pelicans. Owls. Bards. We should have one more. What is it? (If you say owl babies, you're fired.)
19) Name a way you'd like to see a greater Imperial presence in town?
20) How does your character feel about a greater Imperial presence?
21) Imagine a horrible fate has befallen your character and they are cursed to spend the rest of their lives living in Solhaven. (Sucks to be you, elves.) What are they going to do there?
22) Add a question. Stay on topic!

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/13/2013 12:32 PM CST
- I brought some nameless elven cleric to Solhaven shortly after it opened, but he never took. Subsequently, I arrived to help during Zerroth's siege... and stuck around.

- Solhaven had the more gritty, realistic feel that I wanted.

- Railien, Subarashi, Kilthal and Eiadh really helped.

- I really like the GSS memorial. Godefroy, aside from the Church, is a big fan of the 'Boar.

- I miss Horace. Godefroy misses Kendryth.

6) Surely nobody gets along with everybody? Who is your character's least favorite NPC? What did they do?
- Well, Eryael earned a special place in Gode's heart when he decorated the Church of Koar with corpses.

- FISHCAKES!

- Chili-chocolate

9) A lot of us have been pretty out of touch for awhile. However, our character's haven't gone into limbo. What has yours been up to since Red Dreamer ended?
- Dealing with matters of running the Church in Vornavis, and dealing with answering a lot of Church-hierarchy questions about what transpired.

10) We've all talked about our OOC concerns, but surely your character has a cause or two. What's their biggest concern about the town?
- Irony: People are WAY too crazy about religion.

- Happy... Solhaven... I don't understand. Those words don't go together.

12) Obligatory 'tell us a fun fact about your character' question. Bonus points if you stay on topic.
- Godefroy is a big fan of chocolates, almost as much as mead and ale (Hence #8)

- Bonespear, although the Wooded Plains will always hold a place in my heart.

- Meh.

15) There's tons of subterranean caves in the region. What's something you think is hiding down there?
- Kraken-corrupted dwarves!

16) Give us an idea for a player-run town event. It can be something simple, or not.
- We should hold a regatta out on the Bay.

- Adherents of Amasalen mistook it for catnip in a clandestine raid.

18) There's always lots of critters wandering around town. Cats. Pelicans. Owls. Bards. We should have one more. What is it? (If you say owl babies, you're fired.)
- A seagull! ("Mine? Mine. Mine!")

- Guards, checkpoints, more ship traffic and bustle, and registration of magic users.

- Enormously comfortable.

21) Imagine a horrible fate has befallen your character and they are cursed to spend the rest of their lives living in Solhaven. (Sucks to be you, elves.) What are they going to do there?
- Run the Church...?

- Solhaven is a bustling seaport in a (relatively) wealthy Barony. What sorts of holidays and festivals, aside from the existing canon-ones, do you think exist?

~Godefroy
Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/13/2013 08:09 PM CST
I believe she was about level 7. I was hunting the hulk then. Nothing fun was going on at the time. I had just started playing and she quickly disliked the Landing.

It was the people. Can you believe that?! The alternative was the Landing. There were no options.

Godefroy. I think there was a bard who did as well but I can't remember his name.

There is a place on Tumbledown Lane where you can see the rooftops of Vornavis. That is her favorite spot.

Oh, Misun's is Lord Venquinor.

Hrm...there was one but I don't recall the name.

Almond milk

Rose water and pistachio.

Buying and selling property. Wandering Nydds.

No secret, Lord Venquinor's status.

Oh...I don't think you want anyone to know what it was. It involved Raelee.

Misun loves little cucumber finger sandwiches.

Bonespear and the castle. Loved the roa'ters.

None, she doesn't think about them at all.

Ascendants.

Build a wall.

Brat.

Then I resign.

Imperial Navy!

Welcomes it with open arms.

Pretty much what she already does.

22) Solhaven is a bustling seaport in a (relatively) wealthy Barony. What sorts of holidays and festivals, aside from the existing canon-ones, do you think exist?
Mass prayer? So many temples, you'd think there would be more worshiping going on.

23)Add a question. Stay on topic!- Would you want to see Vornavis opened and functioning? Even if it's quite small?

Speaking softly to Raelee, Kilthal says, "Many things would be different if people listened to ye."

Speaking to Kilthal, Raelee says, "Believe me. I am painfully aware of that."
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/14/2013 08:24 AM CST

Divone started there 3 or 4 years back. I believed she arrived in the wake of the flood.

Rumor has it she was planted there by her father. She loves the sea, it makes sense for her to stay there.

Too many to name and I'm afraid I would leave someone out. Divone still feels like the new kid on the block but everyone there is her family now. They're stuck with her :)

Niima's walk is a favorite, not to be too obvious. Amasalen's garden is her favorite place to paint.

I'm starting to like the cat. Divone too.

Pelican. Let's have the cat eat the pelican.

Wine.

Wi...Sorry no...How about butternut squash?

She's been spending time in Icemule quelling the undead. She stills warms the bench in North Market from time to time.

Lack of Imperial presence. (Can some be shirtless? Last time..promise)

I can't pinpoint one. Some of the happiest have been just sitting about Market and chatting with everyone. So much comes from simple conversations there.

Gah, Divone is an open book. I think everything has been told. Divone might need to get a little darker and secretative.

I was said when she moved on from rotting woodsmen. It was her last real undead hunting ground in town.

She doesn't think about them.

Shirtles.....Sorry I promised. Lots of unsavory things.

A yearly pledge of allegiance to the Empire. Lots of banners, Imperial Troops, speakers etc.

So Raelee has something to complain about?

A pelican hunter.

Lots of guards.

More please.

Live life comfortably.

Should we be able to fight those South Haven thugs off? Yay or Nay?
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/14/2013 09:04 AM CST
That's what happens when I post before coffee is consumed. Many spelling errors and I have Amasalen in there instead of Andelas. Divone likes Andelas' garden to paint.
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/14/2013 09:50 AM CST
>That's what happens when I post before coffee is consumed. Many spelling errors and I have Amasalen in there instead of Andelas. Divone likes Andelas' garden to paint.

I was going to say... Amasalen? Now THAT was a fascinating character insight.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/20/2013 12:20 AM CST
- I'd visited with some frequency before, but it was shortly after Erithians were released that I rolled Haohmaru and took him to Solhaven.
- Haoh is Nathala, a seafarer, and a fisherman. You might say he felt right at home.
- I suppose that would be Songie and Kairyu.
- North Market for both, the first thing that comes to mind.
- The cat. For Haoh.. I'll say the drunken sailor. Haoh supposes he has many a story to tell, if he could keep his mind clear enough to tell it.
- The pelican. Always stirring up trouble, that one.
- Lobster, of course.
- Carrot.
- Just fishin'. And, you know, continuing the mystical training of his body and all.
- Overly zealous religious types.
- Maybe more of a personal one for Haoh, but helping Melorra focus her mind in a troubling time. Also, the puzzle box!
- Haohmaru may come across as quite soft-spoken, but given enough good cheer (read: alcohol) he can be quite different.
- Bonespear. By far, Bonespear.
- They interest him, but their apparent hostility tends to stymie any effort to understand them.
- TMNT. Or kappas. Probably adolescent ninja kappas.
- A good ol' knightly tournament, with plenty of spectacle for us plebs. And merchants, because y'know, nothing like a tourney to bring out the tents full of wares.
- I blame Misun's love of wine, personally.
- Crabs!
- Imperial navy.
- Ambivalent.
- Fish. A lot.
22) Add a question. Stay on topic! (Baron Malwind: boxers or briefs?)
Re: Mandatory Solhaven Survey 02/23/2013 10:21 AM CST

I first brought Hadya when the last half of GSS was happening, her story was that she followed the undead horde Morvule brought to lay siege to the city.

Hadya stayed because she was felt she was needed there (I had her stay because everyone is awesome.)

No one really introduced her, Ilijah and Licel were the first to really interact with her.

My favorite spot in town is North Market, Jastev's temple, Sheru's temple, Luukos' temple. Hadya prefers Luukos temple and maybe north market, her love and hatred of it vary from day to day.

The cat. My characters? She doesn't have one.

She doesn't hate any of the NPCs she really doesn't care enough to hate things she finds insignificant.

My favorite and Hadya's is the raw lizard the messaging on it is too funny.

Hadya's story is that the Order had her take a bit of a missionary's jaunt through the empire. Then when she was done, asked for Leave to Journey into the Sea of Fire. She has been searching for a spirit caller to help her repair something.

Hadya's concerns are largely about her Order and the Temple. She wants to ensure its safety and the her place there.
She'll never admit it, but she does care about the town and even sort of likes some people there.

Hadya's happier memories usually involve terrible things, so, we'll just say they usually involve making Bristenn REALLY mad.

Hadya likes to dance, and if she ever lets you see her do it, you're largely respected by her.

My favorite was Shan.

They are clever and therefore fun to kill.

Something terrible, it is Solhaven, so it is a given that it is terrible.

I would love to see Mass Prayer services for different religions. Or various temple holidays for different Arkati.

Because Venquinor hates us all! cries

A trampy town wench. I mean, we have a drunk sailor, you know there is a trampy wench somewhere there too.

I'd like to see some establishments that are exclusively human.

She has no love for the Empire.

What she always does.

Why don't we get more messaging about the bay in Solhaven? Like wind coming off of it?

---
The Tehir and the Illistimi's string puller
<<I know merchanting sessions for me usually end with me huddled in a corner, rasping about "Judgment Day" and talking about Terminators. --Auchand