Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 06:07 AM CDT
I made it through surgery. The bypass part. Then about 2 hours later I was yanked back in to fix compartment syndrome. (http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00204) After this the toxins from the muscles breakingdown put me into a coma for a while (8 days). 4 of those 8 days I spent in a psychotic break, tied to the bed. 1 of those days I died 3 times. Apparently kidneys are important.

I am okay-ish now. I can login again and have some weird times now days. I am still in the hospital. but I have wireless. If you see me playing and I disappear, its because they yanked me out to do dialysis or some such thing.

Eric

"Oh, and why is there a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms anyway? That makes as much sense as having a Bureau of Coal, Petroleum and Citrus Fruit."
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 03:15 PM CDT
Welcome back, and I'm glad to hear that - despite all the various issues - you got through them!

~Godefroy

Morvule hisses, "Ssssally ssssellssss sssseashellssss by the sssseasssshore."
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 08:02 PM CDT

Good to hear things are okayish. That's quite a bit to go through. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Divone
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 08:23 PM CDT
Glad you are doing so well! Focus on getting better, Solhaven will still be here when you do, I think... ::glances at Auchand::

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Forest Gnomes
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 10:45 PM CDT
Last year my mom had a heart attack and was in a coma for a bit over a week. It was definitely scary there for a bit as even the doctors were saying don't expect this to end well. She kept fighting though and woke up the second week. One of the first things she wanted to do was get on the internet to send an email to her friends back home (she was on vacation when this happened).. and check in on her facebook games she plays - never mind the fact that for the first few days she was awake she couldn't even remember how to type. I was like ma, leave it for now.. get your strength up, but I might as well have been telling that to the wall in her hospital room.

I get it though, when the world is all topsy-turvy for you, sometimes it just feels right to reach out to your normal life activities and hobbies. It sounds like you've had a hellish couple of weeks, but I'm glad you are doing better. Get yourself rested and recovered so that you can keep at it for years to come.
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 08/28/2012 11:29 PM CDT

I didn't login or anything for 2 weeks but now I have some time in between hemo-dialisys and PT/OT. I could play GS or stare at a TV. I'd rather play GS

"Oh, and why is there a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms anyway? That makes as much sense as having a Bureau of Coal, Petroleum and Citrus Fruit."
Re: Fita and Saidears Player (Eric) 09/04/2012 05:40 AM CDT
Good luck with your recovery. I can empathize with what you're going through.

-farmer