Shan 04/01/2011 10:23 PM CDT
Was hunting shan earlier and ran across a shan warrior with an amazing augmented AS.

A shan warrior bares his teeth and barks ferociously!
A shan warrior swings a gleaming silver flamberge at you!
AS: +425 vs DS: +420 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +96 = +151
... and hits for 20 points of damage!
Awkward slash to your stomach!
Everyone needs another belly button.

My first thought was that he had spirit strike up, but I don't see any messaging for it.

Here's the same shan warrior's regular AS.

A shan warrior snatches up a gleaming silver flamberge!
A shan warrior swings a gleaming silver flamberge at you!
AS: +227 vs DS: +312 with AvD: +50 + d100 roll: +6 = -29
A clean miss.

Is that normal for them to have a nearly 200 AS increase for their bark? This did happen on April 1st....
Re: Shan 04/01/2011 10:52 PM CDT
Shan warriors have an ability to greatly raise their AS for a single swing....though 425 seems on the extreme side for their AS. It, however, has been a very long time since I last hunted Shan so maybe that AS it generated is the norm....?

-Drumpel
Re: Shan 04/01/2011 11:47 PM CDT
For reference, a level 89 Ithzir Scout will swing with a 412 AS.
Re: Shan 04/02/2011 02:10 AM CDT
Shan warriors can "yip" which raises their AS. They can do this multiple times and it stacks. My guess is that that warrior had been walking around for a long time. Theoretically shan warriors can have the highest AS in the game if they yip enough times in a row.

-Drew/Chiv

A raggedly-dressed lass lopes by, slowing long enough to whisper, "The smuggler's cutter 'Live Bait' just pulled into Glok's Pier!"
>
Paulydee exclaims, "Boats are here!"
Re: Shan 04/02/2011 07:44 AM CDT
will they yip after being sorc animated? if so that would be fun for animate dueling.
Re: Shan 04/09/2011 10:18 AM CDT
>>will they yip after being sorc animated? if so that would be fun for animate dueling.

Unfortunately they don't. I used to animate these all the time to hunt in stronghold. Also we animated these for Twilight Hall's animate battles.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?