Unholy Quickening and UAC 09/06/2018 12:08 PM CDT
>A knife of green-lit shadows materializes in a lithe veiled sentinel's hand and he slams it toward your chest in a vicious attack! Just in time, the light of your periapt flares into a blinding phosphorescent sphere around you, blocking the attack!

>glance
>You glance down at your empty hands

could we maybe make it so my periapt doesn't get drained into oblivion blocking an attack that can't be used on me in the first place?
Re: Unholy Quickening and UAC 09/06/2018 12:50 PM CDT
I could be mistaken, but off the top of my head, I don't think that's the disarm unholy quickening that you are thinking of. The message states that the sentinel tried to slam a green-lit shadowy knife into your chest. I believe I have been hit by this message as well (on a weapon user), as a different sort of random, blockable attack. (But I could be wrong, because I occasionally use UAC in there as well, and I guess this COULD be the special UAC version of it, and I just wasn't aware of that.)

But at any rate, it's clearly not trying to "disarm" you, but rather stab you in the chest with this knife, and therefore blocking such an attack with the periapt seems to make sense and be something that someone would desire to occur (from an in-character sense, at least).

Regular Unholy Quickening looks like this:

Striking with a serpent's unsettling quickness, a lithe veiled sentinel lashes out and grabs your XXX. Vile blue-green energy lances down her arm and into the XXX, kindling it into an unholy semblance of life. The XXX's form twists and mutates, sprouting scales and cold eyes as it transforms into a INSERT SNAKE TYPE!
Re: Unholy Quickening and UAC 09/06/2018 01:24 PM CDT

huh, i stand corrected if that's the case but i don't recall them ever doing anything other than the quickening so i thought it was just a weird block message. I guess between them generally being disabled (because they're annoying and i target them first) or the periapt absorbing it, i've just never seen the attack? The place is just so spammy in general usually it's also possible I've just missed it. I did think it was weird with the knife messaging for disarm.

But yeah double checking all my characters that have hunted SoS i have 0 occurrences of knife and sentinel that don't also have "blocking the attack". So either i've successfully matrixed that attack for a long, long time or it is unholy quickening. I'll go see if i can play with one for a bit with the periapt removed and see if i can get them to play along. But yeah, i either blow them the hell up first or 1211 / 1219 them so they don't do a lot. but every now and then they get a feint in, lurks get a lucky acid blob, and then they drain my periapt dry with that crap :\
Re: Unholy Quickening and UAC 09/06/2018 02:50 PM CDT
I looked, just to make sure, and the "knife of green-lit shadows materializes" messaging is not generated by the snake disarm process. It must be some other type of sanctum maneuver that the periapt is capable of blocking.