Seriously? this sucks 02/15/2017 03:49 PM CST
I don't complain too often, and I'm not one to do so during invasions or if I get nabbed by some stray bandit (which is irritating), but this one just flat out pisses me off. I got some spells up (pretty much wizard spells is enough for my rogue). I do my hunt and after I sell off my collection of gems, I step out of the gemshop in Solhaven to be instantly slaughtered by a shambling lurk .

>out
[Solhaven, North Market NE]
The northeast corner of the market is somewhat quieter than the bustling center. A steady stream of customers flows through the door of an elegant stone building. Windowboxes burst with bright red begonias. A gleaming brass plaque is affixed to the bright blue front door.
Obvious paths: north, east, south, southwest, west
>
A shambling lurk totters in with a famished moan.
>
You drop to your knees in utter despair! Overcome by the foul stench of pure evil emanating from the shambling lurk, your arms fall slack at your sides and feel your limbs slipping away as an utter and complete fear seizes a suffocating control of your mind and body!
A shambling lurk lets out a horrible retching sound, its gut pulsing and bulging in places. The distensions travel sickeningly up the lurk's chest and wasted gullet before, with a noisome belch, the lurk vomits a brackish substance at you! The corrosive glob strikes you full in the face!
... 10 points of damage!
Acid splash near the eye causes blisters that almost swell it shut!
Gnawing blindly with shattered teeth, a shambling lurk tries to bite into you!
AS: +450 vs DS: +80 with AvD: +32 + d100 roll: +90 = +492
... and hits for 129 points of damage!
Slash to your lower back!
Kidneys sliced and diced!
Death is slow and painful.
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
You feel your extra strength departing.
You become solid again.
A faint silvery glow fades from around you.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding you suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...
You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.
...departing in 16 mins...
A shambling lurk howls with unearthly delight!

Not only do I now have to waste my time waiting out and hunting (because I don't enjoy spending silver or money to buy things to reduce death sting), but I'm out a full head of experience, spells and time.

This is stupid. Down right f'ing stupid. If you guys (names in red) want things like this to happen in hunting grounds, where someone can bring back a high level creature by some means, then make damn sure they don't kill those that are well under level of it.

Thanks for ruining what time I had to play my rogue this afternoon. I now waste what time I have left getting healed and replacing some herbs I went through.