Vesperti and bolt spells 10/15/2015 01:51 PM CDT
I had to venture out to help in the area sometime ago and I've grown accustomed to using Hurl Boulder (510) as my go to bolt....

incant 510
You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Hurl Boulder...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a vesperti.
The vesperti is unaffected.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

I didn't test every single bolt, but the ones I did use had no issues:
901, 903, 904, 906 and 910.

Are they immune to 510 just because it's a MjE spell? Or is it some carry over from the old Unpain (510) spell from years ago that didn't allow you to cast it on them? You'd think a large rock being hurled at them would hurt, but odder things take place in the lands (like the inability to wield all OHE/OHB weapons with TWC).

I know Vesperti are immune to all CS based spells that I'm aware of, but bolt spells should work. At least I thought they all worked.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Tonis Bolt (505) works? I don't have air ranks to cast it.

-Drumpel
Re: Vesperti and bolt spells 10/17/2015 10:55 AM CDT
>>Out of curiosity, does anyone know if Tonis Bolt (505) works?

No, Vesperti are not affected by 505 Bolt.

>You are now in an offensive stance.
>incant 505
>You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Hand of Tonis...
>Your spell is ready.
>You gesture at a vesperti.
>The vesperti is unaffected.
>Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Doug
Re: Vesperti and bolt spells 10/17/2015 11:28 AM CDT

Well the great thing about wizards is if one bolt doesn't work, you still have 8 more to try :/

A little surprised 510 didn't work though, tbh. I thought that one worked on everything. Whereas lots of things are immune to 505.