Armor Hindrance 02/28/2018 08:58 AM CST

Hi All - I have a level 7 empath with Armor Use at 8 ranks. As soon as I got up to 8 ranks I bought double leathers as I understand I should be able to wear them with minimal encumbrance and my spell hindrance should be zero (at least that’s what the guides and wiki seem to say). However, I’m still getting a 2% spell hindrance. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Re: Armor Hindrance 02/28/2018 09:21 AM CST
Are you wear greaves [arm or leg coverage], an aventail or coif [neck coverage], or a helm of some kind [head coverage]?

Accessories could be kicking you up to a higher effective AsG (for penalties ONLY... not any benefits, like padding coverage or crit divisor)...
Re: Armor Hindrance 02/28/2018 09:29 AM CST

Nope. I used to but took all other armor off when I bought the double leathers. Armor-wise, it’s just the double leathers.
Re: Armor Hindrance 02/28/2018 10:14 AM CST
If you're only getting the 2% hindrance when casting 1700, that's expected - it has the same hindrance as a sorcerer circle spell.
Re: Armor Hindrance 02/28/2018 11:24 AM CST

Hm, I wonder if that’s it... I can’t recall if I got the hindrance on all spells or just that one. I’ll do some testing to find out. Thanks!
Re: Armor Hindrance 03/16/2018 08:40 AM CDT
Also note that double leather is full body coverage. You can wear any add-ons you want with it ... you may wish to do so if they are enhancives ... without
increasing the armor type.