Transferring blood loss 07/04/2015 08:52 PM CDT
I've killed myself twice now by taking too much blood lost from a patient. The wiki isn't much help in the specific formula, just saying that it's level based. Does anyone know how to tell how much blood I'll take from myself?
Re: Transferring blood loss 07/05/2015 06:38 AM CDT
I believe it's 5 HP per level up until you reach the max, but it's been so long since I had an empath with few enough levels not to get the max that I could be mistaken (or it could have changed without my realizing).

After checking to see what was on the wiki, I'm going to have to check in game that the max of 75 is correct. I could have sworn it was 60, but I rarely transfer blood and usually don't look closely at how much I lost when I do...but if the max is 75, I shouldn't be able to transfer the max twice without dying and I know I can do that.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Transferring blood loss 07/05/2015 07:53 AM CDT

transfer
cure
transfer
cure

Is a pretty good method to prevent dying.
Re: Transferring blood loss 08/25/2015 09:41 AM CDT
I have been a way for several years and only dabbled in my Empath back then but I seem to remember there was a way to transfer blood that would not allow you to kill yourself (at least not from the transfer, it does not account taking you to 1 hp while bleeding). Am I imagining things? If not could some one remind me of the command as planning on breaking mine out again soon.
Re: Transferring blood loss 08/25/2015 10:13 AM CDT
>I have been a way for several years and only dabbled in my Empath back then but I seem to remember there was a way to transfer blood that would not allow you to kill yourself (at least not from the transfer, it does not account taking you to 1 hp while bleeding). Am I imagining things? If not could some one remind me of the command as planning on breaking mine out again soon.

I seem to vaguely recall that being an added safety measure in TRANSFER <target> ANY. Blood will be the last thing you transfer, but it shouldn't kill you if you use that argument. You'll get less experience and incur roundtime, though.
Re: Transferring blood loss 08/25/2015 10:22 AM CDT
>I seem to vaguely recall that being an added safety measure in TRANSFER <target> ANY. Blood will be the last thing you transfer, but it shouldn't kill you if you use that argument. You'll get less experience and incur roundtime, though.

Yep, that's the way to do it. You do definitely short yourself exp though.

In case you don't want to do that, my general rule is transfer blood once, cure 1101 once, repeat until all blood is transferred. You can't die on your first blood transfer at full health.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Transferring blood loss 08/26/2015 06:30 AM CDT
Thank you both for the info. Good to know about the XP hit, definitely would not want to use it for anything other than blood loss in that case. I normally healed with the SF appraise window as I am lazy and preferred it over scripting(it was just as fast and allowed me to pick and choose exactly what I wanted to transfer) so the most likely cause of death is going to be the finger twitch causing a double click when transferring blood.