Ultimate Skinner 05/14/2014 05:30 PM CDT
Thinking of turning my empath into a skinning machine via 1101/1106. Here is my training plan:

3x FA
2x Survival
2x Trading
2x Harness Power
2x ML:Manipulation
1x PF
1x Empath Circle
.5X Perception/Climbing/Swimming

Armor Use to 8 ranks
SMC to 24 ranks
Toss in 107, 213 (for foraging) as I can.

Any advice? Maybe drop the lore to 1x to pick up more empath spells?
Re: Ultimate Skinner 05/14/2014 10:08 PM CDT
Ah, is that your complete training plan? No MjS or MnS spirit spells?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: Ultimate Skinner 05/15/2014 01:20 AM CDT
No, I am thinking I will fit in 107 and 213 (to ease foraging), then work Empath to +21, then......
Re: Ultimate Skinner 05/15/2014 06:08 AM CDT
You also need AS, a Skinning scroll, a sorcerer to keep it charged and blessing lore if you want to be ultimate. You will need it to get top quality skins at low level, and at high level lore backed Skinning is the only way to add value once your training is enough to get magnificent skins every time.

I'm not sure just where you'll cap out the training benefits over 2x, but probably by level 30 you will need blessing lore and Skinning rather than FA/survival to improve skin value. Just keep appraising your quality. Once its all magnificent, training more than 2x per level isn't adding any value.
Re: Ultimate Skinner 05/15/2014 07:50 AM CDT
<<You also need AS, a Skinning scroll, a sorcerer to keep it charged and blessing lore if you want to be ultimate. You will need it to get top quality skins at low level, and at high level lore backed Skinning is the only way to add value once your training is enough to get magnificent skins every time. >>

Yes good point, I can't be the ultimate and still be an empath without outside help. :(

<<I'm not sure just where you'll cap out the training benefits over 2x, but probably by level 30 you will need blessing lore and Skinning rather than FA/survival to improve skin value. Just keep appraising your quality. Once its all magnificent, training more than 2x per level isn't adding any value.>>

To clarify, is that 2x FA/survival combined or 2x FA and 2x survival to maintain magnificent?
Stat Placement for Pure 07/24/2014 08:44 AM CDT
Hey all,

I've been asking a lot of questions on the wrong board. Have a few days left before my first 30 are up and wanted to talk stat placement. Here's what I'm looking at:

Level 0:
CON - 31
STR - 64
DEX - 78
AGI - 43
DIS - 67
AUR - 66
LOG - 68
INT - 79
WIS - 80
INF - 84

Thoughts? I'm a dwarf. My agility will suck even at cap with this placement, but since I've never capped a character, I'm not that worried... I don't think. Also my first pure.

Thanks a ton for the help.
Re: Stat Placement for Pure 07/27/2014 10:01 PM CDT

For what it's worth, I always amp logic for the XP gain. Those extra points add up.