Combat Maneuvers for the warpath 05/19/2012 02:14 PM CDT
OK, so I currently have 4 ranks of disarm and 4 ranks of feint. I know from past experience with my cleric that 101 ranks of CM skill will not permit 5 ranks in both those skills; you fall just a wee bit short :p

So, I am wondering what further skills I might try. Neither combat mastery nor combat movement seem particularly useful, and since I am using mostly a maul, precision would be of no value whatsoever. Anyone have any experience with subdual strike? Seems redundant if I bind my opponent first. Other choices might be a couple ranks of dirtkick, although I tried this with my cleric and was not impressed by the duration (that may have been because she only had 2 ranks, however), or just pump the rest into the generalized skill of cunning defence. I probably don't need any more disarm skill, but the last possibility would be to get that 5th rank of feint, and top it off with a couple ranks of cunning defence.

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: Combat Maneuvers for the warpath 05/19/2012 03:24 PM CDT
The only empath I know of that has subdual strike has it because he hunts bandits a lot and it is a great help there. He likely doesn't need it but they are a lot less annoying that way. If you plan to hunt things where you'll face more maneuvers then just feint and disarm, I'd say get as many ranks of cunning defense as you can. It will shave a little off the end rolls and make them a little more manageable/less annoying, whichever you want to go with. If you aren't worried about other maneuvers get that fifth rank of feint then whatever cunning defense you can get with what is left.