Waking up, and I want to be a wizard (again)! 06/23/2017 11:58 AM CDT
Waking up after a 7 year hiatus. Pleasantly surprised to find my lil burghal gnome wizard is actually level 50 instead of 48. I know, huge difference. Pretty close to 51, to boot.

I was on Teras, probably thinking 7 years ago that I was going to stock up on alchemy stuff. Got tired of the bandits in mistwood from bounties being the only way to get exp.

Back in the Landing, can go anywhere. Not a huge fan of the Elven Nations, but I suppose I could go there if need be!

But mostly, level 50/51, where should I be going for bounties/hunting?

Spells: Major Elemental - 50
Minor Elemental - 35
Wizard Base - 50

51 ranks of Earth Lore (he's an earth mage. RP >>>>>> mechanics for me. Not changing. Even if it means "You absolutely cannot cap or ever gain a single experience point because Earth lore is the worst and you HAVE to have Air lore to be OP and gain exp.")

Otherwise trained for a runestaff, decent armor and a runestaff, only doing self-cast spells.
Re: Waking up, and I want to be a wizard (again)! 06/23/2017 12:09 PM CDT
My recommendations:
- Seekers (52) in Pinefar are a lot of fun to hunt as a wizard.

Once you get tired of seekers I'd recommend visiting Teras again for:
- Sakyl (54)
- Massive Pyrothag (58)
- Wind Wraiths (61)
- Fire Sprites (64)
- Fire Mages (71)

Wind Wraiths and Fire Mages are especially fun. I'd recommend making friends with a ranger that can add fire resistance to your armor as well.

-- Robert

* Wyrom was just vaporized!
Re: Waking up, and I want to be a wizard (again)! 06/23/2017 12:13 PM CDT
Rivers Rest Citadel is great for a wizard thanks to easily crittable humanoid undead and earthen fury 917. Every mob can be mana leeches as well so you shouldn't have mana issues. You'll just want to get blues to help against the warding spell casters.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: Waking up, and I want to be a wizard (again)! 06/23/2017 12:38 PM CDT
>51 ranks of Earth Lore (he's an earth mage. RP >>>>>> mechanics for me. Not changing. Even if it means "You absolutely cannot cap or ever gain a single experience point because Earth lore is the worst and you HAVE to have Air lore to be OP and gain exp.")

Don't sweat it. You'll be fine without other lores.

Only about 15 levels from cap on my wizard, he's strictly EL:E - currently 134 ranks.

His haste spell (535 and 506) won't allow him to be as fast as other wizards with air lore, but he gets some decent return (though I hate the slot machine feel of it all) from a few defensive spells. The one that really sets him apart from other wizards is the high crit padding he gets in return for Mage Armor. With the base spell amount at 65 MjE ranks (+8 points) plus his SW crit padded armor (+5-6 points) that's 13-14 points of crit padding while he's walking around. The extra 19 points of padding that's added on if he gets stunned puts his crit padding protection into the Phenomenally range.

When I get his earth lore to 190 ranks and his MjE spells to 90, that's 36 points of padding if he's stunned. That's Fantastically level padding for him. While it certainly isn't earth (no pun intended) shattering protection, he'll still be rather squishy, but now he does have a lot better chance to avoid being crit killed instantly. That was the issue he was running into when I was trying to fight bandits once the new Haste spells came out. He lost so much RT reduction due to not having any air lore, he would just get slaughtered with the stacking RT from multiple CMANs in a row. He couldn't recover fast enough to save himself and fight back.

-Drumpel