Another Returning.. 03/07/2016 04:47 PM CST
I left before HSN 2015 was finished, so since there were a lot of changes I figured I would check in to get an idea of where to go with my little wizard. So far he is level 21. My plan eventually is to have him be completely utility, but understand it will be awhile before he gets to that point. Stats I am fine with right now and will eventually Fixstat down the road. My main concern is where skills are involved. Currently I have Fire Lore but I think I will totally drop lores and only start picking them up when I hit about 50-60ish level, and when I do pick them up I will probably go Water and Air Lore as those seem to affect utility spells more. Other things I was thinking would be maybe dropping AS and MIU to 1x each and HP to 1.5x and sticking all my points towards Spells to get as close to 3x as possible. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you.

| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 20 4
Physical Fitness...................| 96 22
Arcane Symbols.....................| 144 44
Magic Item Use.....................| 144 44
Spell Aiming.......................| 144 44
Harness Power......................| 144 44
Elemental Mana Control.............| 96 22
Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 96 22
Perception.........................| 96 22
Climbing...........................| 54 11
Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 15

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 14

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 15
Re: Another Returning.. 03/07/2016 06:18 PM CST

I think AS and MIU are inexpensive for runestaff defense, it depends on how your DS is working for you. HP depends if you are low on mana before frying.

Lores can wait until much later, agreed.

Good luck and have fun,
Askip
Re: Another Returning.. 03/07/2016 08:03 PM CST

What do you mean pure utility? You just want to enchant? You just want to mostly spell others up?

If you really mean all-around utility wizards can also become fair lock-pickers, though more reliant on lores and thus not a great way to level. Good for opening your own boxes though.
Re: Another Returning.. 03/07/2016 09:30 PM CST

>>What do you mean pure utility? You just want to enchant? You just want to mostly spell others up?

>>If you really mean all-around utility wizards can also become fair lock-pickers, though more reliant on lores and thus not a great way to level. Good for opening your own boxes though.

Yeah basically I want to eventually be all around utility, but that is my end goal. I guess between the lore updates and seeing some people giving advice different from what I saw in the past just confused me really. But I think I got a pretty good idea on what to do now. Thank you for responding. And thank you Askip as well.
Re: Another Returning.. 03/11/2016 02:55 PM CST

Until at least level 50 or 60, lores only play a small role. The ones that seem to matter at that low level are 20 fire lore (for steam 903), and/or air 20 for tonis bolt. I find 903 steam to be VERY mana efficient, so I would go with that for leveling.

My wizard is level 76, and uses 415, which is greatly enhanced by fire lore, and finishes with 903 steam. The damage from 415 is nice, but it's the VERY high chance of disabling the target (knockdown and/or stun) that keeps me using it. I hunt minotaurs a lot, and if you don't disable them quickly, it can get ugly.
Re: Another Returning.. 03/12/2016 01:55 PM CST
>My wizard is level 76, and uses 415, which is greatly enhanced by fire lore, and finishes with 903 steam. The damage from 415 is nice, but it's the VERY high chance of disabling the target (knockdown and/or stun) that keeps me using it. I hunt minotaurs a lot, and if you don't disable them quickly, it can get ugly.

In case OP isn't aware, fire lore bonus / 2 = % chance for 415 to double cast.

Also, ignore Immolate for the time being, it's garbage.

~ Methais
Re: Another Returning.. 03/15/2016 08:20 AM CDT
I actually tried out 502 after originally posting on here and since I tried it out I haven't been using any other spell for hunting and I find it to be awesome.
Re: Another Returning.. 03/15/2016 09:47 AM CDT
What level are you?