Mid Life Crisis 02/29/2016 05:41 PM CST
Okay, my wizard is level 51 now. I'm looking for some direction on where to go for here.
He is a pure. I would like to do some enchanting with him. Mostly I am curious about spell balance (how many spells I should be shooting for in each circle).

Currently I have 36 minor elemental, 36 major elemental, and 48 wizards.
I single in pt and perception.
2x in as, miu, sa, hp, and 1x in emc
picking up air lore as I can.
Have climbing and swimming.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Mid Life Crisis 02/29/2016 07:10 PM CST

What are you hunting?

If you wanted to improve some combat effectiveness you could afford to reduce your AS/MIU and HP a bit to pick up more spell ranks and/or lores. For example if you want to ward stuff with 415 you could pick up MnE and Fire lore ranks. Fire lore would also open steam bolt which is about the only really good thing the ELR did (415 double-cast being the other).

Used to be you wanted to max the 500s which I believe was 75 MnE, 67 or something something wizard and the rest in the 500s. Given the nerf to Immolate it's questionable whether that is worthwhile anymore. Some are opting for a balanced spell distribution. For immediate gains you'll want to raise both your 400s/500s to your level. For enchanting you really don't need many more ranks to do the basic 4x stuff and could even go higher with your training already, and rarely fail.

If you want to improve enchanting only then pick up water lore.

Overall I'd hold off making any major changes until they announce what they're doing with 925 overhaul/review, then see what shakes out.
Re: Mid Life Crisis 03/01/2016 09:35 AM CST

>If you want to improve enchanting only then pick up water lore.

Water lore? Is this a new factor? I do not see it listed on the wiki.

Thanks,
Askip
Re: Mid Life Crisis 03/01/2016 09:37 AM CST
Changes coming!

Doug
Re: Mid Life Crisis 03/01/2016 05:32 PM CST
Thanks, this was the advise I was looking for.
Re: Mid Life Crisis 03/01/2016 05:35 PM CST
I am hunting banshees right now for the favor. Will head back to Ice Mule in a level or two.
Re: Mid Life Crisis 03/02/2016 01:11 AM CST

Steam bolt is great against banshees and any other non corp undead.

You could also try eidolons in Bonespear...get your TD up. The waerns and dybbuks will go down easy for you.