Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 12:39 AM CST
Well, OK, my wizard was on semi retirement anyway, since I am trying to cap my rogue ... will be my first square to cap, as opposed to my three pures. I have been following, or trying to follow, the discussions despite this, but the changes have been so many I am having trouble taking it all in. Can anyone give me some information in simplified form?

A: As a long term warmage, I was accustomed to relying on the old haste. I had 24 ranks of air lore; when the changes rolled in I took that up to 48, so I could still swing a weapon at 1 sec RT. If I were to drop it back to the old 24 ranks, would I need to have a macro something like this to maintain 1 second RT? How much stamina would this cost with celerity running?

quick -2\r stance offen\r att\r

B: What level of fire lore would I need to get a second strike from 415?

C: Incant vs evoke ... what spells need the new evoke, and how does it differ from incant, if at all?

D: Spell aiming ... I rarely if ever used bolt spells anyway; could I do OK just using 415 and weapons, and drop my 202 ranks of spell aiming in favor of more lore ranks?

E: The new tremors ... what is this "tap" thing?

Re: Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 01:24 AM CST
>E: The new tremors ... what is this "tap" thing?

It depends on your weapon. Runestaff, you TAP. Maul (for example of a THW), you POUND. If you just want to use your foot, you STOMP.

You prep 909 and then EVOKE it - this is the self cast version. This version only has 1 shock wave and it's fairly strong (but not as strong as an initial first tremor if you were to actually cast the spell). Each self cast used costs 5/4/3 mana (depending on EMC ranks: 0/75/150), but it incurs no cast RT. So you can setup a macro to TAP/POUND/STOMP and then cast a spell. It's basically 2 spells in the time it takes to cast 1.

The more EL:E you have, the more EBP reduction is applied to a fallen target and the more self cast charges you can use before you have to recast the spell. No earth lore, you store 5 casts. My wizard has 126 EL:E, he stores 8 casts.

That's about all I can help with off the top of my head. Hope it helps you out some.

-Drumpel
Re: Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 06:52 AM CST
>A: As a long term warmage, I was accustomed to relying on the old haste. I had 24 ranks of air lore; when the changes rolled in I took that up to 48, so I could still swing a weapon at 1 sec RT. If I were to drop it back to the old 24 ranks, would I need to have a macro something like this to maintain 1 second RT? How much stamina would this cost with celerity running?

I'm not an expert on the formula, but with 24 ranks of Air Lore, swinging a Maul, assuming 60 MjE Ranks, bringing a 5 second swing down to 1 second should cost around 5 stamina per swing. 50 ranks of Air Lore should allow you to swing the maul at 1 second for 0 stamina cost. There is some good info on the wiki: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/506

>B: What level of fire lore would I need to get a second strike from 415?

EL:F Bonus/2 = %chance to activate. 100 ranks for a 100% chance.

>C: Incant vs evoke ... what spells need the new evoke, and how does it differ from incant, if at all?

505 - Requires 20 ranks EL:A. Tonis Bolt.
506 - Requires 50 ranks EL:A. Group Celerity.
518 - Group Friendly. Hits more targets than player friendly CAST version.
519 - Immolate with disabling properties. Lower damage than CAST. Costs 15 mana.
903 - Requires 20 ranks EL:F. Steam Bolt. Costs 4 mana.
904 - Requires 30 ranks EL:W. Major Acid. Costs 6 mana.

>D: Spell aiming ... I rarely if ever used bolt spells anyway; could I do OK just using 415 and weapons, and drop my 202 ranks of spell aiming in favor of more lore ranks?

The new 415 is great. Warmages need a LOT more lore now. I would say it is worth considering if you never bolt anyways.
Re: Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 12:23 PM CST
I didn't see anyone else mention it, but I believe they also removed the physical AS penalty from 513. If so, it should be a lot easier to utilize bolts to do things you can't do as easily with a weapon. For instance, 909 TAP straight into cone of elements to stun the room, and then clean up with your weapon.

~Taverkin
Re: Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 12:33 PM CST
I also think we should reconsider spells we don't often reach for, like 504 (Slow).

The open room effects, and the effects against hasted / fast creatures is not to be underestimated.

Doug
Re: Post ELR help needed! 02/06/2016 01:04 PM CST
I use slow on a regular basis now since they added the open cast version and the up front 3 second penalty (so it's sort of 'free' to cast).

Prior to the changes I only used it to annoy my friends with.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."