yes 02/21/2013 02:53 AM CST

yes
Re: yes 02/24/2013 12:18 PM CST
maybe

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: yes 03/01/2013 03:50 AM CST
No.

To elaborate, I simply don't feel the game needs this class. I don't see it filling a gap, the way monks or paladins did. We've got a pretty full deck, now. Furthermore, it seems like an unnecessary drain on valuable GM time and resources, especially when there's so much room for improvement in existing classes.

Strictly my own opinion, naturally.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: yes 03/10/2013 04:48 PM CDT
I definitely do. While it is a significant allocation of GM time, dropping this class entirely is a poor decision. The restructuring of Empaths, and creation of Monks was a significant element of shifting the game towards a 3-spell circle universe, and while I would hardly say "we are almost there", I consider it a significant enough investment enough that what was started should be finished.

I've been waiting and excited for Savants for nearly a decade now, and I will continue to be so until they (hopefully) come out.

>"Walkar says, "Yes, too many kings never work. Especially when there's only one throne. It's a wicked game."
>Shameless plug.
Re: yes 03/17/2013 11:52 AM CDT

me too.
Re: yes 03/17/2013 07:29 PM CDT
I have a concept for a savant in mind and hope to someday be able to play it. That said... I really, really, really hope that the development team doesn't tie up the bulk of their resources working on savants for the next few years. There are a lot of other things that I think a lot of us would prefer see get some development time. I suspect the dev team would prefer not to dive into Monk Redux anytime soon as well.

-- Robert
Re: yes 03/26/2013 11:28 PM CDT
YES

I have no clue what a savant IS. I picture a skinny, pasty white, pimply freak with a big brain.

The mental circle is sick though and I am looking forward to the spells in the hands and mind of a pure.
Re: yes 05/05/2013 10:47 PM CDT

pasty white, with plate equiv armor while wearing robes. Fun times.
Re: yes 05/06/2013 11:08 AM CDT
When/if Savants are released, it isn't going to be as easy (heck, looks impossible) for them to be in plate as everyone seems to be thinking. The level bonus for 1202 is monks only and will not apply to Savants.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: yes 05/06/2013 07:24 PM CDT

I think it was 190 lore ranks, and as a pure they can double in lores. So, at cap, you can have one in full plate equiv.
Re: yes 05/06/2013 07:33 PM CDT

>>The AsG increases by one according to seed 1 of one fifth the caster's ranks in Mental Lore, Transformation.

190/5=38 Closest bonus would be a +8 at 36 on the seed chart. Base of the armor is full leather which is asg 6. Max armor for a savant would then be ASG 14 without enhancives. With 225 lore you would have asg 15.

Re: yes 05/07/2013 04:29 AM CDT

I had read it wrong. Thank you. I'm glad to see it's going to be a lot different than what I had thought.

R.