CMan advice needed 07/30/2016 10:49 AM CDT
OK, I am a bit confused about quick strike. Not about how it works, but why I can use it. It's a combat maneuver that I haven't trained in, yet I can still use it. Is this intended? If so, what benefit is there in actually training in the skill? Less stamina usage?

In a similar vein, how does Striking Asp work? (This one I don't have any training in, and can't use at all). I do see that training in more ranks reduces the stamina cost here; since getting even 1 rank reduces the stamina cost, then the cost is never the base of 40?

Moving on, as an ambushing rogue I have 2.5x in stalk/hide, as well as 5 ranks of shadow mastery and 3 of vanish. I also picked up 3 ranks of dirtkick. Now, this can be used from defensive stance, but is it more effective when used from a higher stance? If so, by what is the difference of efficacy between stances?

ALso, I am considering getting some shroud. How does shroud work? Do does it have any RT associated with it? Do I need to be in offensive stance for best results? I'd like it if I could use CMan shroud then hide immediately. Standing around in RT in offensive stance after using it would seem self defeating.
Re: CMan advice needed 07/30/2016 08:09 PM CDT
There is a CMAN (Combat Maneuver List, CML) skill named Quickstrike - that is the old one and was one of the first CMANs. There is also a new skill, separate from other systems like CMANs or spells, called Quickstrike, or QSTRIKE, which is its own thing and was recently added to the game. This is a different situation from the guild skills, where there are both guild and CML versions of the same ability - these are distinctly different.

When QSTRIKE was originally announced, it was also announced that the CMAN Quickstrike was going to be removed soon after QSTRIKE's release. Some folks wanted to still use the CMAN, so we changed the plan there and left it as is, so it's still available to train in.

They are similar in effect, but the new QSTRIKE ability is much more versatile and configurable and usable in combination with lots of other skills and abilities. You can specify the time reduction and use it with AMBUSH, guild skills, or other CMANs, whereas the quickstrike CMAN only does unaimed weapon attacks.

Striking Asp is a martial stance CMAN, only one martial stance can be active at a time, and when it is active it reduces the stamina cost of QSTRIKE (with a cooldown), and if you know the third rank, you can bank a charge to use during a cooldown.

For training advice I'll defer to your fellow players.

Ixix