Sword and board 02/07/2018 08:30 PM CST
So at the moment I don't feel like I'm lacking in anything... but I do have a fair number of spare TPs each level now that I stopped training in Summoning, Armor Use, Climbing, and Swimming. Mostly I just need ideas for what to do with those spare TPs.

SMC I keep at .5x but rushed forward a bit to get access to MANA SPELLUP since I had the spare TPs to do so. The FA I forgot to fixskill away when I switched her from Ranged to OHE, I know it's not doing much for me but it's not worth using a fixskill just to get rid of it. Below is her current training about halfway through level 45:

Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Shield Use.........................| 146 46
Combat Maneuvers...................| 146 46
Edged Weapons......................| 192 92
Ambush.............................| 146 46
Physical Fitness...................| 146 46
Dodging............................| 99 23
Harness Power......................| 145 45
Spirit Mana Control................| 105 25
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 105 25
Survival...........................| 146 46
Stalking and Hiding................| 192 92
Perception.........................| 146 46
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 40 8

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 6

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 40

If I try to take get her up to 1x in Dodging it would take me a fair while and she uses a medium shield so I'm on the fence if it would be worth it. SMC I've thought about getting up to 1x to have more mana for 610/616, it wouldn't be a great deal more but every bit helps and I'd get an extra SPELLUP sooner... and it helps with some of our spells. Lastly, I've considered Blessing lore since that seems to be a handy one to have for a ranger.

Anyone have ideas or opinions?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Sword and board 02/07/2018 10:49 PM CST
Well FA will help with skinning so its not hurting anything. What society are you going to join? If you are thinking sunfist then adding to PF will aid in stamina. Also what is your end goal for armor? I know many go into chain so adding a bit there as you go for a cap goal is good for chain or at the very least tier 1 overtraining for brig. I did 5 in blessing lore to get the first seed and got to 60 ranks in summoning by cap. I plan on 1x summoning eventually and then decide from there what to do about lores. Overall you have a good build going its a question of longterm goals really that may change a bit what you have.

Pup's player
Re: Sword and board 02/07/2018 11:14 PM CST
<Well FA will help with skinning so its not hurting anything.>

Yer, but if I had need for the TP's, it'd be the first thing I'd dump.

<What society are you going to join? If you are thinking sunfist then adding to PF will aid in stamina. Also what is your end goal for armor?>

She's been in CoL since level 6 and I don't really have any plans to go past brig. The 6% spell failure drives me nuts as it is, there's no way I'm dealing with more.

It's my understanding that over-training for your armor just reduces the maneuver penalty? If that's the case it's not really something I need to worry about for now since the only CMAN she has is Shadow Mastery.

When that changes or if it helps with defense against maneuvers it'll be a good idea though. She's pretty good at avoiding maneuvers, but can never be too good... esp since there's plenty of them to avoid in the Citadel, where she'll be hunting when she's got the levels for it.

<I plan on 1x summoning eventually and then decide from there what to do about lores.>

Originally, I got the summoning for 605... but since I've been using 610 quite a bit and am finding myself using 616 more often then I expected (and at a much earlier level), this is prolly a good idea.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Sword and board 02/07/2018 11:20 PM CST
Summoning helps out with all the offensive spells. The poison in vines and thorns help a lot while the extra damage cycles for spike thorn and fury really is something to see. I have not regretted training in summoning. As for the armor training, I still 1x minimal and used brig up to 90s. It was when I did more invasion and story leading that i couldn't hide/ambush as much and felt the armor was a bigger need for me. Even then the higher spell failure can be annoying but something I have no issues dealing with.