Any suggestions for new Ranger? 01/15/2017 09:11 PM CST
About to hit my 30 days, and was hoping to get some feedback. I originally had planned to go TWC with this character, but I've been enjoying swinging a claid and thought I'd stick with it.

Should I worry about any lores at this point?

Any feedback would be helpful! Thanks

GENT

---

Skills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 93 21
Combat Maneuvers...................| 93 21
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 142 42
Physical Fitness...................| 93 21
Dodging............................| 93 21
Harness Power......................| 90 20
Spirit Mana Control................| 50 10
Survival...........................| 93 21
Perception.........................| 93 21
Climbing...........................| 50 10
First Aid..........................| 93 21

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 18

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 91 (20) ... 91 (20)
Constitution (CON): 66 (3) ... 66 (3)
Dexterity (DEX): 99 (34) ... 99 (34)
Agility (AGI): 81 (20) ... 81 (20)
Discipline (DIS): 58 (-6) ... 58 (-6)
Aura (AUR): 61 (15) ... 61 (15)
Logic (LOG): 93 (21) ... 93 (21)
Intuition (INT): 86 (23) ... 86 (23)
Wisdom (WIS): 64 (12) ... 64 (12)
Influence (INF): 29 (-15) ... 29 (-15)
Re: Any suggestions for new Ranger? 01/15/2017 11:27 PM CST

No ambush so i would first get 640 as soon as possible. The bonus from wall of thorns on ds and blocking is huge. Plus the added bonus of mobiles will help. Maybe aim for 11 ranks of summoning if you plan to use vines and call swarm for crowd control. I am not sure how tight TPs are but maybe throw in an extra PF and armor use from time to time. Aim for aug chain and extra PF for various defense rolls.
Re: Any suggestions for new Ranger? 01/16/2017 05:36 AM CST
I would get ambush training before getting lores, esp since you don't have any S&H training. When you're not aiming attacks, they tend to hit everywhere but where you NEED them to land, either to kill them quickly or disable them enough that you can focus on that other critter that just wandered in. From my experience, Ranger spells are good for keeping one or two critters occupied, but when you're in more swarmy (yes, that's a word, I just made it up) areas you'll want to be able to leg critters or aim for their hands to keep them from casting.

Which armor you eventually stop at will depend on how much you rely on spells when hunting and your tolerance for spell hindrance. Aug chain prolly isn't a bad choice for someone that doesn't make use of the shadows and swings a claid. If you're going to go above brig, you'll prolly want to go above 1x in Armor Use at some point in the future (when you have more TPs to spread around) or you'll have to wait until level 60-70 to get into it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Any suggestions for new Ranger? 01/16/2017 05:25 PM CST
Great, thanks for the suggestions.

Any thoughts about STATS?