What Next? 11/28/2016 05:32 PM CST
I'm at a weird point where I'm getting everything I need and finished something I want (25 ranks of SMC). What next? More spells? Combat maneuvers for defense in warcamps? MIU? Lores? Doesn't seem to be much of a consensus, so ideas are welcome.

Skill Name | Actual Actual
| Bonus Ranks Goals In-Game Time to Goal
Armor Use..........................| 120 30 30
Ranged Weapons.....................| 186 86 86
Ambush.............................| 143 43 43
Physical Fitness...................| 143 43 43
Dodging............................| 143 43 43
Harness Power......................| 142 42 42
Spirit Mana Control................| 105 25 25
Survival...........................| 143 43 43
Stalking and Hiding................| 186 86 86
Perception.........................| 186 86 86
Climbing...........................| 111 27 27
Swimming...........................| 74 16 16
First Aid..........................| 143 43 43
Trading............................| 143 43 43

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3 3

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 40 40
Re: What Next? 11/30/2016 08:01 AM CST
Depends on how you hunt. Do you use a lot of ranger magic for setting up your opponent, like spike, or are you primarily a sniper, or do you fire from the open most of the time?

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

www.radeekandoran.blogspot.ca
Re: What Next? 11/30/2016 04:51 PM CST
Sniper. Almost all field magic is 608.
Re: What Next? 12/27/2016 12:55 PM CST
>More spells?
Yes. Work through the 100s circle at least until 120. You can switch back to the ranger circle around level 60 and start working for 650 around then (or around level 70 after you've got 130 if you want to be able to fog). There's lots of utility spells and buff spells in the 100s that are useful and you won't be able to use 650 very effectively at level 50 anyway.

>Combat maneuvers for defense in warcamps?
If you like sniping, you could go for SMASTERY. Or you could go for some cunning defense.

>MIU?
If you like. It certainly can't hurt if you know a friendly wizard or two who will imbed some strength or whatever in your wands/rods.

>Lores?
They can be helpful for sure. Make sure you train to a threshold of some sort if you want to train in them.
Re: What Next? 12/27/2016 01:05 PM CST
Oh, and I think that there's not a lot of consensus because there are a lot of pretty valid options for training at this point and a lot of it comes down to personal preference, hunting style, role playing choices (e.g. you could start training pick pocketing if that's right for your character) and all that.
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 04:49 AM CDT
So I cut my Trading ranks in half and I have ~200 PTPs to play with. I currently have nothing in CMANs and 1.2x in PF. Maneuver defense is the biggest problem I have in warcamps. So if you had 200 or so points to spare, would you grab CMAN for defense or keep pumping the PF?

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 06:39 AM CDT
If I'm not mistaken, all the maneuvers used in warcamps are ones available to players, so getting ranks in CM would help more... esp if the maneuvers giving you trouble are ones you can spend your cman points on.

If I am mistaken and they have maneuvers that use Standard Maneuver Rolls (usually maneuvers not available to players), you'll want to dump the points into PT. Someone might pipe in to say that PT counts the same as CM with SMR2, but it wouldn't really matter since you'll be able to get either more PT (if you're converting M2P) or the same number of ranks either way (if you're converting P2M).

Starchitin
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 11:18 AM CDT
Giants' stomp is SMRv2, everything else off the top of my head is CML.
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 12:50 PM CDT
Heh, maybe I should train in shield even though I'm an archer because shield bash wrecks me.

One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 02:09 PM CDT
<maybe I should train in shield even though I'm an archer because shield bash wrecks me.>

I'm not sure if that would work or not, to be honest.

Shield bash is available to players through both Shield Use and CM, but I have no clue if it matters which route the attacker got it through or if training in one protects against both when you can't actually learn the maneuver. Hopefully someone that knows better will post.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: What Next? 04/02/2017 08:28 PM CDT
Ah, I didn't realize it's available as a CMAN. Interesting.