Ranger vrs Spirit 11/28/2016 10:25 AM CST
So my ranger's just hit level 40 and got 640. Since she's only 1x in spells, the only spell in the Minor Spirit circle she has so far is 101. Would this be a good time to start running up the 100's or should I get 650 first?

The character is an OHE/shield ambusher if it matters.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Ranger vrs Spirit 11/28/2016 10:33 AM CST

For pup i went up to 640 then up to 130 then continued on 600s. Some like 140 but i rather have the extra rank bonus for our ranger zpells. I use 115, 120 and 130 infinitely more then 650.
Re: Ranger vrs Spirit 11/28/2016 10:56 AM CST
You definitely want to go up to at least 120 after 640. If you're in Voln you can stop there for a while. I really like 125 for opening my own boxes and 130 because I'm not Voln.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Keith is correct

Wyrom, APM

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Help%20for%20Players/Policy%20Discussions/view/246
Re: Ranger vrs Spirit 11/28/2016 11:00 AM CST
My ranger went to 650, but that is only because he is ranged and the two aspects for ranged are phenomenal. If I were sword and board I would stop at 640 and then go to 130 (although I went to 140 for the much needed DS during invasions). I found it purely a matter of taste though. If you are a casting ranger (spike-thorn especially) then really work on the ranger circle and lores. I myself use offensive spells only sparingly (and I have basically zilch for lores), I loaded up on tons of dodge for the defensive benefits, so my ranger ranks suffered because of this. Keep in mind though that rangers are probably the most forgiving class when it comes to training (you'd probably have to go waaaaay out of your way to screw one up).

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

www.radeekandoran.blogspot.ca
Re: Ranger vrs Spirit 11/28/2016 02:27 PM CST
Thanks for the input. Good to know that I won't be hurting myself, esp since 610 is the only attack spell I use regularly (it's great for bringing a troll's eyes into range for her daggers).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.