Revisiting 09/10/2016 03:59 AM CDT
Resurrecting my ranger, I see that he has 34 ranks of armor. Is there any reason to keep going after 30?

And I kept going past 630... I assume for Wall of Thorns. Should I stick to that, or go to Minor Spirit for a bit?

Some things I'm not sure if there's a benefit for:

- 3 ranks in MOC. Defensive purposes?
- 1x Trading! I do not have any idea why.
- 2 ranks in MIU.

Any of those worth keeping?
Re: Revisiting 09/10/2016 12:21 PM CDT
<I see that he has 34 ranks of armor. Is there any reason to keep going after 30?>

It used to be standard advice for folk to get 35-36 ranks for brig, and it might still provide some small benefit getting a few extra ranks (though I can't think of what). Unless you need the TPs for something else, I wouldn't worry about the extra ranks though.

<3 ranks in MOC. Defensive purposes?>

3 ranks in MOC won't help with much at all unless you use Fire Spirit to hunt with, even then that's a lot of TPs for small benefit. Unless you want to go up to 5 ranks for MSTRIKE or 10 ranks for FoF reduction, those TPs could be better used elsewhere.

<2 ranks in MIU.>

Another case of get more or get rid of it. If you want to activate magic items you'll want 20-30 ranks depending on what spells your interested in, and possibly more to extend the duration of defensive spells.

<1x Trading! I do not have any idea why.>

This is always nice to have, but only if you're not sacrificing anything else to get it. Only three of my characters have training in Trading, but they all make extensive use of wands. The rest of my characters don't miss it (even the dark elf).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.