Sniping Ranger 09/09/2016 01:22 PM CDT
Hello,

I'm trying to get my wife into the game and she is interested in being a sniping ranger. It's been a while since I have played, so I'm a bit rusty with stats. She wants to be a Dark Elf (that's what interested her), so here's what I came up with before class bonus:

STR 69
CON 70
DEX 65
AGI 65
DIS 80
AU 40
LOG 70
INT 66
WIS 75
INF 40

Thoughts?
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/09/2016 03:12 PM CDT
If she's going to be in COL, she'll want a higher AUR. Other then that, I don't see anything that will break the character.

Just make sure she knows that hiding and staying hidden around critters will be difficult until sometime between levels 20 and 30. If hunting indoors it will take longer unless she plans to get 625 at or soon after level 25.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/10/2016 10:28 AM CDT
Level 0 Stats for Aurach, Dark Elf Ranger

Strength (STR): 62
Constitution (CON): 77
Dexterity (DEX): 56
Agility (AGI): 63
Discipline (DIS): 77
Aura (AUR): 82
Logic (LOG): 82
Intuition (INT): 63
Wisdom (WIS): 62
Influence (INF): 36

This is what mine are, for being at 100's on everything at cap with a dark elf, except, influence which ends up 60.

You will want higher dex until 19 at least for her ranged AS. Dex grows very fast otherwise on a DE. Can always fixstat of course later as well.
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/10/2016 12:31 PM CDT
And, for comparison -

Level 0 Stats for Alisaire, Dark Elf Ranger

Strength (STR): 70
Constitution (CON): 20
Dexterity (DEX): 49
Agility (AGI): 62
Discipline (DIS): 77
Aura (AUR): 82
Logic (LOG): 82
Intuition (INT): 68
Wisdom (WIS): 62
Influence (INF): 88

Granted, they're not placed how most typically would, and I also spent level 1-50 with only 10 ranks HP, no dodge, and no CM in order to 1.5x spells... but it was worth it! I would not recommend that route unless you want to very carefully pick what you hunt.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/10/2016 01:46 PM CDT
On the armor question there is a table that shows how many ranks it will take to remoce some of the action penalties. I personally would get to tier 1 at least for brig. Beyond that if you ppan to snipe you wont need chain.
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/30/2016 08:34 AM CDT
<<I personally would get to tier 1 at least for brig. Beyond that if you ppan to snipe you wont need chain.>>

I disagree with this, for the most part. Providing you hunt critters that can't sniff you out of hiding you'll be fine, but you can't always do that. I HIGHLY recommend training up into the chain armors. The benefits far outweigh the penalties in my mind. My rangers survival chances improved dramatically after moving out of FBG and into chain.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

www.radeekandoran.blogspot.ca/
Re: Sniping Ranger 09/30/2016 01:01 PM CDT

I am of the train for chain mentality.

You can always, wear a set of brig if you find yourself not needing the heavier armor. Or prefer natures resistance for a particular hunting area.

Aurach (augmented chain)