What next 03/19/2015 03:34 PM CDT
Ali hit 70 a while back and with it she's gotten caught up with all the core skills that I had planned for her. Now I'm getting a surplus of TPs (222 PTPs and counting..). Would love to hear some input on what other skills to branch out with at this point. I had a plan at one point, but I honestly forget what it is now - and it'd probably be outdated anyway.

Currently sitting at--

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 95 (22) ... 105 (27)
Constitution (CON): 60 (0) ... 60 (0)
Dexterity (DEX): 95 (32) ... 114 (42)
Agility (AGI): 90 (25) ... 90 (25)
Discipline (DIS): 94 (12) ... 94 (12)
Aura (AUR): 95 (32) ... 110 (40)
Logic (LOG): 95 (22) ... 95 (22)
Intuition (INT): 94 (27) ... 94 (27)
Wisdom (WIS): 90 (25) ... 90 (25)
Influence (INF): 96 (18) ... 96 (18)
Mana: 215 Silver: 0

Alisaire (at level 70), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 140 40
Ranged Weapons.....................| 244 144
Ambush.............................| 174 74
Physical Fitness...................| 120 30
Dodging............................| 172 72
Arcane Symbols.....................| 120 30
Magic Item Use.....................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 170 70
Spirit Mana Control................| 105 25
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 132 36
Survival...........................| 172 72
Stalking and Hiding................| 244 144
Perception.........................| 244 144
Climbing...........................| 105 25
Swimming...........................| 105 25
First Aid..........................| 172 72

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 20

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 50

(Ambush is actually 172/72. I've got a couple enhancers on here.)

Considering bumping PF up to 1x. I mean, I could do that right now and still have 56 PTPs leftover.

I think I was looking at CMANs at one point.

More lores? Keep going up the 100s to 130 so I can pretend to be helpful? MOC to better survive (hah) invasions, etc? Something ridiculous like pick up a second weapon?

Hunting style is open archery; I'm not keen on ditching the S&H even though I almost never use it in a combat setting. It's too much fun in other situations. I'm pretty happy with her current armor, too, and honestly wouldn't take advantage of training up to hauberk or anything. Same for societies - I'm too invested in high aura at this point to switch to GOS, and Voln is 200% out of the question because they're dirty liars.

Thanks all in advance.

PS. Oops, I'm back.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: What next 03/19/2015 03:43 PM CDT
From a non-GM standpoint I'd definitely take physical fitness up to 1x; or even 2x by cap. It will probably factor a lot into your chances at survival.

Also, welcome back EK!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: What next 03/19/2015 04:05 PM CDT
Thanks!

I'm already really excited to see that companions follow super fast now. That's one improvement I hadn't ever expected.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: What next 03/19/2015 04:09 PM CDT
Pretty much what Aulis said. PF is going to be your primary maneuver defense, so 1x training is standard these days. I wouldn't suggest 2x until post-cap.

CM for rangers is almost exclusively used for defense. Near cap, there are a few creatures that use CMANs. Ithzir scouts sweep, janissaries disarm, triton radicals/combantants have a pole charge maneuver that can hurt pretty bad, n'ecare tackle, not to mention bandits and all the CMAN maneuvers they pull (I'm probably forgetting a couple, but you get the idea). There are certainly ways to handle such creatures, so CM training isn't mandatory -- you'll just have to be more careful.

For spells, definitely keep training in them. I like 130 because I'm super lazy and it's convenient when I come across a corpse, but again you can get by easily without it. Keep up the 1x spells though. If you don't want 130, just go straight up the 600s.

Lores, definitely get them. Most seem to go full summoning for the extra spike/fury cycles. I mixed them and went 65 SLB: / 36 SL:S. It's purely preference. They're both useful (some perks just may not be useful to you specifically).

And I'm glad you're back!

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: What next 03/19/2015 05:17 PM CDT
Depending on whether you are happy with your AS or not you could also jump your Ambush ranks. It's a matter of personal preference though. I've always thought that AS is important enough to warrant doubling Ambush, but that isn't the case with all archers. However, your PF definitely needs to be at least 1x so I'd boost that up first.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Empires exist through conquest, they live on by exercising total control of the conquered.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato