Steven Irwin the is a ranger deity and should be imortailized. 09/28/2013 01:45 PM CDT
HI.

First attempt at a ranger, I really like the flexibility. I created a Gnome and was looking for tips for a more magical build. Not so much spell heavy, but leaning more towards utility stuff, trading, skinning, scroll use and imbeding. Sword and board right now, might switch to arching, I have no experience with that. Was thinking of bumping influence and STR and dropping AGI a bit. Should I low ball the prime stats and place them for growth to beef up my more slowly rising stats? any thoughts appreciated. thx.

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 91 (5) ... 91 (5)
Constitution (CON): 53 (11) ... 53 (11)
Dexterity (DEX): 56 (13) ... 56 (13)
Agility (AGI): 72 (21) ... 72 (21)
Discipline (DIS): 81 (10) ... 81 (10)
Aura (AUR): 81 (20) ... 81 (20)
Logic (LOG): 62 (16) ... 62 (16)
Intuition (INT): 56 (8) ... 56 (8)
Wisdom (WIS): 63 (6) ... 63 (6)
Influence (INF): 70 (5) ... 70 (5)
Mana: 22 Silver: 0

Steve Irwin (at level 6), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Shield Use.........................| 40 8
Combat Maneuvers...................| 40 8
Edged Weapons......................| 74 16
Ambush.............................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 40 8
Harness Power......................| 40 8
Survival...........................| 40 8
Stalking and Hiding................| 40 8
Perception.........................| 40 8
First Aid..........................| 40 8
Trading............................| 40 8

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 8
Training Points: 43 Phy 11 Mnt
(Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)
Mana: 22 Silver: 0

"You see a sting-ray, be pro-active and pee on it. "
Re: Steven Irwin the is a ranger deity and should be imortailized. 09/30/2013 09:14 PM CDT
<Sword and board right now, might switch to arching, I have no experience with that. Was thinking of bumping influence and STR and dropping AGI a bit.>

I'm assuming yer burghal gnome based on yer STR bonus, if so and yer serious about switching to archery, you should consider rerolling him as a forest gnome so you don't have to start with yer STR quite so high before getting a +10 bonus (every +10 to yer STR bonus knocks 1 second off firing RT). It's SLOW growing stat for both races and as a burghal it won't get to +10 until yer STR maxes out where as a forest gnome will get it at 90. Since yer a ranger and have access to 606, this won't be as big of an issue for you as it was for my rogue... but every second you can shave off makes a huge difference, esp if you intend on using a longbow.

If yer going to stay with sword and board, you can completely ignore the first paragraph. Either way, I wouldn't drop AGI much further then it already is. It is a fairly quickly growing stat for gnomes, but it's an important one for dodging, hiding, and melee RT.

<Should I low ball the prime stats and place them for growth to beef up my more slowly rising stats?>

I'm never comfortable setting prime stats below 60. Doing so always seems to make the late teens and 20's (always the most difficult levels for me anyway) just short of impossible. If you're up for a challenge, just make sure that they'll hit 100 eventually... but keep in mind that there's a reason that they're prime stats.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.

PS I'M the gnome that pees on things! No stealing my schtick!