Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/08/2013 06:45 PM CDT
(at level 83), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 170 70
Combat Maneuvers...................| 176 76
Ranged Weapons.....................| 278 178
Ambush.............................| 184 84
Physical Fitness...................| 228 128
Dodging............................| 184 84
Arcane Symbols.....................| 102 24
Magic Item Use.....................| 102 24
Harness Power......................| 184 84
Spirit Mana Control................| 102 24
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 120 30
Survival...........................| 184 84
Perception.........................| 270 170
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 184 84

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 30

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 53

So at level 83, my ranger has 5 ranks in Disarm and 5 ranks in Cunning Defense.

I know our spells are better than our available Combat Maneuvers. Multi-fire stinks.

So....

Being an open aim archer, is it worth, atleast pre-cap, to continue picking up combat maneuvers and learn things like feint, dirt kick and sweep? Or would I benefit more by picking up more lores, MIU and Arcane?

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/08/2013 09:41 PM CDT
I guess a simple question is, what do you feel your weaknesses are? Do you need more defense against combat maneuvers? Standard maneuvers? Force on force? Or do you want more offense? More utility/durations from MIU? I seem to recall you being in GoS in which case a nice simple easy goal would be taking PF up to 2x. Then decide what you want next.
Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/08/2013 10:15 PM CDT
I'm in the same position and i'm thinking either smastery or feint
Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/08/2013 11:52 PM CDT
Excellent questions: Our Cmans for the most part stink. Our spells are so much better. Being a ranged user I felt that disarm was a must and cunning defense would be a benefit defensively.

Yes my ranger is GoS. Being fully 2x in physical fitness is definitely a goal but for now being 1.5x has answered the call for this society.

I don't have a problem hunting. And I am currently enscrolling his armor which is definitely helping.

If there was a Cman I would train in next it would be Feint and that would be done solely for defense. Grimswarm do use Feint a lot and why I am affected when I am in full offense anyway is kind of silly.

Lets say I continue my cman training so I become fully 1x in it. Will those ranks give me some defense versus tackle even though I can't train in tackle?

At 83 my Ranged AS, with the few enhancives I have and with the Sigils in affect, is 433.

With more Lores, MIU and Arcane I could get more spell ranks that would help vs. Spell Burst. Then I could wear Bravery and Heroism to boost my AS an additional 40 points. I know spells like 605, 607, 610, 612, 614, 615, 616, and 635 all benefit from more Spiritual Summoning lores. Currently I am finding that to help balance my archery I am casting more.

Have folks seen a significant increase in the potency of their spells by increasing their Summoning lores above 30?

Outside spells I wear when hunting the Aqueducts are 401, 406, 414, 503, 509 and 202. My DS isn't a problem. Getting Disarmed doesn't bother me too much now and if I do, I carry a second bow for that occasion.

I know a lot of this can be fine tuned once I cap.

Peace
Zhelas

Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/09/2013 12:01 AM CDT
Or would I benefit more from becoming fully 2x in physical fitness, which I know plays some part of combat maneuver defense. Instead of continuing to train in combat maneuvers?

Peace
Zhelas

Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/09/2013 09:12 AM CDT
Train CM for the CM points. The generic effect is weak.

CM is relevant for CM rolls (which are visible), and PF is relevant for the SMR rolls (which are hidden).

The biggest effect you can make is likely to be gear that defends against the damage type of the manoever rather than training to improve the die roll. Open rolls are pretty insensitive to training, but not gear.
Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/10/2013 12:48 AM CDT
WTB Groin kick padded armor!

Daemon Ranger
Re: Disarm and Cunning Defense.. what next? 08/13/2013 06:33 AM CDT

>I don't have a problem hunting. And I am currently enscrolling his armor which is definitely helping.

What kind of utility does adding scrolls to your armor get?

hehe!

R.