Extra TP's 05/20/2013 12:57 AM CDT
Since my ranger stopped training in a few skills at level 30 (Armor, climbing, and swimming), I've been having quite a few TPs left over each level and was wondering about other folks opinions on where I can toss them. Here's her current training (she's a longbow wielding sniper):

(at level 34), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 120 30
Combat Maneuvers...................| 132 36
Ranged Weapons.....................| 172 72
Ambush.............................| 152 52
Physical Fitness...................| 132 36
Harness Power......................| 128 34
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 78 17
Survival...........................| 132 36
Stalking and Hiding................| 172 72
Perception.........................| 172 72
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 35 7

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 1

Spell Lists
Ranger.............................| 34

The two most obvious options I can see would be bringing Ambush up to 2x or Summoning up to 1x. I've also toyed with the idea of picking up Spirit Mana Control, but I really don't use many spells in the field other then 604 and the occasional cast of 609 to find arrows that have gone into the shadows. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Extra TP's 05/20/2013 08:41 AM CDT
I have a ranger sniper in sort of the same level range, and I've thought about what I'll train when I get into the mid 30s and have the same surplus you're hitting. I think the best answer is: simply ask what would be the most fun. Judging from your other posts, it seems like you know the game, and your training is solid. I have no doubt your sniper is pretty darn effective, so I wouldn't worry about fine-tuning.

That being said, I think lores are the way to go. Getting that more reliable extra cycle on spike thorn is rad, and fills a nice gap. Alternatively, pumping up 620 is handy, since you can just re-do 620 yourself when you switch to new areas instead of seeking out someone to get that more powerful resist.. Overall you just can't go wrong with this build (I often feel OP playing my sniper), so pick something as characterful as possible for you personally. I figure you know all this already, but it never hurts to hear it again.

Player of Zeek
Re: Extra TP's 05/20/2013 01:24 PM CDT
Hhhmmm... I hadn't considered SL: Blessings. I think I'm too used to considering that one a post cap goal with my empath and sorcerer. There's only one critter I'll be hunting in the foreseeable future that I'll want to use 620 for (swamp hags), but the benefits to the other ranger spells might make Blessings worth it.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Extra TP's 05/23/2013 11:07 PM CDT
<<Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

<<Starchitin

Crowd control (ie 4+), consider MOC for defense benefits.

I'm a fan of two weapon styles, personally. Had three for a time, then fell back into the shadows. Some things you cannot poke with a stick, so I like to be able to take on what comes yup.
Re: Extra TP's 05/24/2013 12:04 PM CDT
Extra TP's is such a high class problem. I wish I was dealing with this. :-(