Dusting off my paladin 07/24/2017 10:21 PM CDT
Think its time to bring out my paladin for a while. I dont have any plans yet what direction to bring him but so far he is part of voln but not master. Anyway since I'm not at 20 lvls yet I figure i throw up what I have now so I can get your opinions on stat placement and skills currently and see where I may (or may not) adjust what ever damage I have done so far:

(at level 15), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 122 31
Shield Use.........................| 122 31
Combat Maneuvers...................| 82 18
Edged Weapons......................| 124 32
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 25 5
Physical Fitness...................| 96 22
Harness Power......................| 70 15
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 25 5
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 10 2
Survival...........................| 40 8
Perception.........................| 40 8
Climbing...........................| 62 13
Swimming...........................| 62 13
First Aid..........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 15

Race: Half-Elf Profession: Paladin (shown as: Temple Guard)
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Constitution (CON): 56 (3) ... 56 (3)
Dexterity (DEX): 74 (17) ... 74 (17)
Agility (AGI): 74 (22) ... 74 (22)
Discipline (DIS): 70 (5) ... 70 (5)
Aura (AUR): 80 (15) ... 80 (15)
Logic (LOG): 87 (18) ... 87 (18)
Intuition (INT): 74 (12) ... 74 (12)
Wisdom (WIS): 69 (9) ... 69 (9)
Influence (INF): 67 (13) ... 67 (13)
Re: Dusting off my paladin 07/25/2017 06:25 AM CDT
For me, I take PF at 1x, and plan to up it post-cap. Sword and board is super defensive as-is, so you won't see as much of a need for it while leveling, at least I haven't at level 60. CM try to make 1x as well. Lores you want to pick one and focus on it until you hit your goal: most everyone agrees religion to 25, then go from there (I'm doing summoning to 40 next). I have zero first-aid or survival, but if it's important to you, go wild. You'll have an easier time with TPs than I did as I tripled armor use to get into full plate asap.
Re: Dusting off my paladin 07/26/2017 10:08 AM CDT
From what I understand of sword / board, I'd probably do these changes at your level:

2x Armor
2x Shield
1x CM (at/near capping should make it 2x)
2x Edged Weapon
I'd stay away from Multi Ops , at least for now
1x PT (later to 2x)
1x Harness Power
Lores.. IF you're going to do one, then just focus one although I'd ignore lores this early of paladin training
Survival / First Aid: Just fillers but I would pick one or the other and likely suggest First Aid since at least then you can tend your wounds
Perception: 1x
Climb / Swim: Fillers - get when you can but shouldn't need more than 30 / 40 ranks

Spells

You only have 15 paladin spells right now. You should at least have minor spirit spells. How far you go on those spell circles is up to you, but I think it's safe to say that most of us would agree to get at least 20 for lesser shroud.

Just my input for whatever it is worth.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Dusting off my paladin 07/26/2017 10:21 AM CDT
> You only have 15 paladin spells right now. You should at least have minor spirit spells. How far you go on those spell circles is up to you, but I think it's safe to say that most of us would agree to get at least 20 for lesser shroud.

I'd say hold off on entering the minor spirit until you get 1625, or maybe 1635. Weapon bonding and Divine Intervention are hallmarks of our class. At most, try to work up through 103 for the extra defense 101 and 103 provides. For later life, it's up to you. I've stopped at 120, and doubt I'll go further. Getting my paladin CS cranked high as possible seems more beneficial than four spells I can't cast in the field.
Re: Dusting off my paladin 07/26/2017 11:14 AM CDT

I messed up there. I meant to type "SOME" meaning up to 103 atm

I, too, stopped at 120. Some paladins like wall of force, but I personally don't think we need it if trained properly and decently geared.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!