Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 08:31 AM CDT
I've been quite impressed with plasma flares from my bonded morning star and am in the process of upgrading my gear. I find that I'm still not sure about a couple things related to sancted stuff and flares. I've read people who talk about getting double flares vs. weighting and this has me a tad more unsure how to proceed.

What I am looking at is this: Either a perfect morning star (made of mithril) that I'll enchant up to 7 or 8x or an Eonake/Ora weapon which is naturally sancted and can hopefully be enchanted higher. Not sure if these metals enchant well or have limiting factors. The perfect star is nice because it gives you the extra umph of 6% but it seems to me that I could 1604 the Holy weapon and get 2 plasma flares.

I'm also working on my shield which will be spiked and sancted. If I get one that is spiked, sancted plus has flares (acid, fire, disintegration etc...) can this still get 1604'ed for plasma flares?

What do you all think?
Re: Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 08:36 AM CDT
Go with the perfect, for higher raw damage. Once you bond to it, it will be Sanctified and have the flares, including chance for double-flares.

Double-flares are stupid nice, take it from a Bard. (Nothing like hitting a turtle for 8hp and a meaningless melee crit, only to see a flare for 40hp make it prone or stunned or limbless, and then a 70hp second-flare that takes its head off or blows a hole in the chest to kill it.)
Re: Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 08:42 AM CDT
Ok, that's fantastic. I'll start the enchantment on the perfect asap.

What do you think about the shield? I've got a 5x spiked with disintegration flares I may buy. Concerned that it's basically limited to 5x because I don't think we can enchant disintegration flares. It will be good enough for my character for many many levels though...heck up to cap which is years the way I play. Can this shield get plasma flares if I 1604 it?
Re: Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 09:08 AM CDT
Pretty sure not, because it already has flares.

But if you're doing ShieldMans with it, you'll like the disintegration.

Down side is, unless you can get it Sanctified, you won't be able to hit undead with it.
Re: Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 09:10 AM CDT
I believe it is already sancted. I'll check with the seller again.
Re: Eonake or Perfect and flare questions 04/05/2017 06:32 PM CDT
Once you can bond (1625) to a weapon, there's no advantage of having a sanctified metal; your bond makes any weapon sanctfied. A lot of folds end up using a perfect weapon for the extra +3 avd, +6% df, and double flares from 1604.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4