Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 08/03/2016 09:48 AM CDT
Does anyone have any recommendations for starting stats on a dwarf paladin? I'm coming up on the end of my 30 days and need to lock it in. Since there is no way I will ever cap, I guess I'm looking for stats to start capping around lvl 60 or so. That is a very long stretch in itself.

Below is my current thoughts given these assumptions: Dex and Agi are most important. I still want to maintain a high Log for exp absorption. I can safely tank Int and Inf.

STR 69 (100 @ 60)
CON 70 (100 @ 69)
DEX 88 (100 @ 60)
AGL 89 (100 @ 60)
DIS 77 (100 @ 60)
AUR 44
LOG 93 (100 @ 63)
INT 20
WIS 70 (100 @ 75)
INF 40

Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 08/22/2016 06:48 AM CDT
Not been checking the forums much this summer. I'm sure your 30 days are long past, but anyway I will briefly reply.

The two main problems you will encounter:

Very low MTPs. My paladin generally converts PTP to MTP as it is (except when he was 3x armor use to get full plate).

Inability to raise dead via 1640 (even at level 60, you will still have only 6 spirit, and you need 8 spirit to raise someone with 10)

Besides those issues, overall it looks okay.
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 08/30/2016 12:58 PM CDT
Thanks for the response. These forums don't seem to notify you when someone replies.

Based on advice from the PC, I actually decided to set my stats for cap. I had to pick up some strength enhancives in order to bring my RT down to something tolerable, but so far I'm not feeling any other pain. Logic is still fairly high to start off and strength grows quickly.

Start @100
STR 30 100
CON 49 100
DEX 78 100
AGL 82 100
DIS 58 100
AUR 82 100
LOG 88 100
INT 70 91
WIS 58 100
INF 65 92
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 08/31/2016 05:28 AM CDT
>Thanks for the response. These forums don't seem to notify you when someone replies.

These forums are pretty rough. It's archaic homebrew software, and the player base has repeatedly (and so far as I know unanimously) requested for an overhaul.

>I had to pick up some strength enhancives in order to bring my RT down to something tolerable

Definitely check out the Surge of Strength CMAN. It pairs very well with 1607, and if you don't join Guardians of Sunfist (my Paladin is in Voln) and get around to rank 3 of Surge, you can keep it up forever. Note that Surge and 1625 are actually enhancive effects, and it's not unusual for a Paladin to max out their Strength at 140.
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 08/31/2016 10:05 AM CDT
"(and so far as I know unanimously)" -- Daid the Inaccurate

Nnnt.

I understand that some people enjoy the Threaded View, which was the most recent substantive addition. I'm willing to tolerate its existence, but I don't get enthused about it. Read All New is great.

I have less than no interest in people being able to go back to six-month-old posts and make edits to them. To find out what was said, I now need to load up six months of posts.
Whereas if they merely made a new post, I see that automatically when I Read All New.

I think if more people took advantage of the search-by-author, particularly the use of wildcards (like "gs4-%" for anything a GM said) when searching, and the 'generate a link to an old post' capability, they could make themselves clearly understood.

As far as searching content is concerned... <shrug> Maybe I'm the last person in the world who actually considers Ctrl+Click (to open an additional browser page) viable, but I don't have a real problem opening the 17 categories/topics that I think something might be in, and setting each of those pages to load the last 1500 messages. Ctrl+F(ind on that page) once, and then I just have to hit 'Next' on each successive page.
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 09/01/2016 07:44 AM CDT
>"(and so far as I know unanimously)" -- Daid the Inaccurate

>Nnnt.

The funny thing is, I was pretty sure you would come in and say it wasn't unanimous. Which only goes to show...
Re: Dwarf Paladin Starting Stats 09/01/2016 08:23 AM CDT
My people, they know me. :)