Lores and the Paladin 07/01/2016 02:01 PM CDT
Hello, after years of playing Rouges and Wizards; I am suddenly having a lot of fun playing Semis. Bards and Paladins to be exact.
I am working on the Training Plan for my Paladin and am having problems setting up the proper lore sequence. As planned now, I can afford 105 lore skills until cap.
The Plan currently exists as 15 summoning (1st), 30 Religion (2nd) and 60 blessing 60 Blessing (last). I am unsure of the worth of Summoning, and am asking for other lore skill plans and the reasoning. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Knuks - new platinum Paladin
Re: Lores and the Paladin 07/01/2016 02:15 PM CDT
Summoning lore is primarily used for increasing weapon damage factors from 1605 and increasing the number of targets for 1630. There are other nice offensive boosts from the other lores, religion for zealot AS and DS and blessing for guiding light double flares and a lower rate of AS and DS from several spells.

I am a big fan of heavy training in summoning lore at higher levels and post cap. Once you get to the top levels, it is not uncommon to have AS/DS endrolls of 300-400. This makes 1% of weapon DF equivalent to several times that increase in AS/DS points. Also, additional 1630 targets allows for better crowd control while staying in guarded stance (where you are essentially immune to AS attacks).

I think the only universally accepted requirement is 25 religion ranks for the kneeling effects on 1615/30. After that it is all a matter of what spells and tactics you want to accentuate.

For reference, at level 100 I had something like 10 summoning, 25 religion, 66 blessing. I now have 100 summoning, 25 religion, 77 blessing and have given serious thought about moving some more from blessing to summoning.

I hope that was helpful. Feel free to hit me up on AIM if you want to talk shop some more.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: Lores and the Paladin 07/01/2016 02:21 PM CDT
I'm a huge, huge, HUGE fan of 40 ranks of Summoning, for the nearly-sole purpose of being able to 1620 my dead-character's body back to town. It's saved my keester from departing a few too many times, just in the past few weeks (hunting a high-level area, where few people want to come rescue you from, and where you can get one-shotted dead, can be tough sometimes). The fact that I can just zap myself back to the center of town, where people can heal & raise me without any trouble of going out to the dangerous places, is just amazing.

Summoning lore also has the benefit of increasing your DF with 1605, adding spell levels to infusing with 1625, and adding targets with 1630 (along with benefits to 1602, 1603, and some Minor Spirit spells as well).

For Religion & Blessing lores, I'll probably be getting more blessings than religion, since blessing lore seems to have a better rate-of-return (summation-wise) compared to religion. I use a lot more of the blessing-affected paladin spells, compared to the religion-affected spells, on a regular basis. (Blessings affect six of my regular spells, whereas Religion affects only three (two of which are 1615 & 1630, for chance of kneeling).)

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Lore_chart <-- a very excellent source, for seeing exact numbers, and where various thresholds lie for the lores.

My ideal situation for lores, when I reach cap, will be: 45 ranks of Summoning, 44 ranks of Blessing, 11+ ranks of Religion.

~Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai
~Paragon of Kuon
~Gremlin Master, House Sylvanfair