CMANs and SHIELD 04/07/2016 01:24 PM CDT
For CMANs besides the obvious "Feint", what else should I train as a PLD with 61 pts at level 40.

What SHIELD skills should I train as a PLD that primarily fights undead and taking into account I have "Feint"?

As I gave over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.
Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/07/2016 10:21 PM CDT
I still prefer shield bash over feint. I have both and use feint on critters that you can't use shield bash on.

I think I posted my CMAN and SMAN training and talked about it in some detail a number of posts back in this same folder. Check out post 420.

Since you primarily hunt undead you may want to get an eonake or holy shield so you can bash them with it. Add a spike and cast 1604 on it as well. Very fun!

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Raggler squeakily says, "It's a fact."
Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/08/2016 12:35 AM CDT

> Since you primarily hunt undead you may want to get an eonake or holy shield so you can bash them with it.

Ummmm and where does one acquire said tower shield? Aren't those pretty rare (in Prime)?
Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/08/2016 08:33 AM CDT
>> Ummmm and where does one acquire said tower shield? Aren't those pretty rare (in Prime)?

Yes. It is definitely an adventure of its own tracking one of those down. Definitely a goal worth pursuing though!

-- Robert

Raggler squeakily says, "Muffins are also known to be one of the most healthiest foods in the world."

Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/09/2016 08:05 AM CDT
>For CMANs besides the obvious "Feint", what else should I train as a PLD with 61 pts at level 40.

I presently have all my points into WSPEC and SURGE. Do note, however, that a paladin shouldn't ever max Surge, because with a fully bonded 1625 weapon, you'll go over the max STR at SURGE 5.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/09/2016 08:10 AM CDT
PS: My paladin is a halfling, so yes I do like the extra AS! Though I feel considering 1607, especially for a Voln, Surge is a critical CMAN for all paladins; otherwise what are you doing with Stamina. Even at Surge 3 I can basically keep it up indefinitely because 60 stamina is nothing to me.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/09/2016 08:49 AM CDT
>> Though I feel considering 1607, especially for a Voln, Surge is a critical CMAN for all paladins; otherwise what are you doing with Stamina. Even at Surge 3 I can basically keep it up indefinitely because 60 stamina is nothing to me.

I routinely open with shield bash or feint on critters (hunting in the Rift planes 1-2) and, while I have enough stamina, I would come up a bit short at times if I was running CMAN Surge all of the time as well (no doubt if I used enhancives this would be resolved). I do use 1607 when my stamina gets low and I generally only use surge today at the end of a hunt when I've picked up one too many boxes and need to kill just a couple more critters.

Just my two silvers worth.

-- Robert

Re: CMANs and SHIELD 04/09/2016 01:53 PM CDT
>(hunting in the Rift planes 1-2)

This is really the thing here. Near level 40, I think FEINT just isn't needed.