Recommended Starting Stats for a human Paladin 04/06/2015 07:50 PM CDT

Any suggestions?
Help would be appreciated.
Re: Recommended Starting Stats for a human Paladin 04/07/2015 10:24 AM CDT
It all depends what you see yourself as a paladin doing. Are you using a shield? Are you using a two handed weapon perhaps or even a pole arm? What about your style of fighting? How many spells do you see yourself using? Are you going to be an Mstriker?

A lot of those need to be decided. Race isn't as important for a paladin so much as it is for those questions above to be asked as race is more role playing than anything although it does effect your stats although ultimately your training is what decides the paladin's fate in the near future.

While on topic, whoever posted that a paladin should only train 1x in Physical Training should change the GS wiki to state 2x for Redux, stun, health.. etc for the cost of it which isn't much.

What I would recommend for starting paladins the following:

Primary Training:
2x Physical Ttraining
2x Armor
2x Shield (If you use shield, if you don't, disregard)
2x Weapon
1x Paladin Spell
1x Harness Power
1x CM (Eventually)

Fillers:
CMs (You'll want to effectively be at least 1x in CMs later on your paladin life)
Climbing
Swimming
First Aid
Magic Item Use
Mana Share
Another Spell
Multi Strike
Lores (While nice, they can wait til you are much older in trainings)

As a young paladin, you'll also need to know your limit on armors. Eventually you'll want to get yourself into plate armor, but that will be a long while. Early on, double leathers should get you by, and when you are 30 or so trainings in armor then you should switch to brigantine.

You'll want to decide what path you will be going as well. Are you going to be an evil Lornon or are you going to see the light and follow the Liablo path? Are you going to join The Order of Voln, the Guardians of Sunfist, or that top secret hush hush Evil Society?

Best of luck to you and I hope this helps you out. If you have more questions or advice, post more and I'm sure somebody will answer.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Recommended Starting Stats for a human Paladin 04/07/2015 10:28 AM CDT
I almost forgot.. if you use a two hander or a pole arm then you'll want to know Dodge.. 1x in Dodge should be fine.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Recommended Starting Stats for a human Paladin 04/07/2015 02:07 PM CDT
The first thing you'll want to do is change "paladin" to "ranger" and you should pretty much be good from there. ;)

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Recommended Starting Stats for a human Paladin 04/09/2015 11:26 AM CDT
Seeing as he said not "skills" nor "profession" I'll say this much:

DO NOT TANK YOUR LOGIC

The paladin growth on Logic is bad. And Logic plays an important part of gaining experience, which is gaining levels.

You'll want a solid aura if you're planning to raise the dead eventually. Check your AGI+DEX and the weapon you plan to swing, to get yourself to 5 seconds. STR and WIS are never really bad.

If you have extra points, I guess DIS is an okay place for them.

If you were hoping more for numbers than some basic guidance, post again

^_^

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog