Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/30/2013 11:53 PM CDT
I just fixskilled to Blunt and Board because my THW Giantman paladin was getting beat up too much. Have some questions.

1) This mace has flares, 4x and is sanctified right?

You swap your black alloy mace from your right to your left hand.
>touch cry
You touch the crystal with one hand, your black alloy mace in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your mace. A silver nimbus glows for a moment around your mace. A green beam shoots up from your black alloy mace toward the ceiling. A shrill, piercing note sounds, echoing through the room

2) Just hit 27 and with the fixskills have lots of TP's left. Thinking about what is good for shield? 1x, 1.5x or 2x. Where do you think I should spend those TP's? I have no ideas about the shield specs but am reading up.

3) Got some extra cman points too from dropping bullrush. Any ideas? I'm thinking of boosting TD, or going with shield bash or more surge.

Level: 27 Deeds: 6
Experience: 840265 Death's Sting: None
Exp. until next: 58735 Recent Deaths: 0
Mental TPs: 54 Fame: 647523
Physical TPs: 74 Mana: 50/88 max

Skills:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 175 75
Shield Use.........................| 117 29
Combat Maneuvers...................| 114 28
Blunt Weapons......................| 158 58
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 45 9
Physical Fitness...................| 117 29
Dodging............................| 117 29
Harness Power......................| 111 27
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 30 6
Perception.........................| 25 5
Climbing...........................| 50 10
Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Minor Spiritual....................| 3

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 23

Skill name Mnemonic Ranks
Surge of Strength surge 2

Available Combat Maneuver Training Points: 19
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/31/2013 12:49 AM CDT
You could 2x shields to get shield maneuver points for shield focus. I think you'll still have PTPs to spend on 2x PF.

For the cman points wspec1 is always good and I still use feint at level 80. I found I did not need the extra TD early on.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/31/2013 06:34 AM CDT
There is some recent discussion in the Paladin Banter folder you may want to review.

I had dodge early on for my paladin but dropped it in favor of 2x shield (with a tower shield). I chose to spend my CMAN points on Shield Bash freeing up more Shield Specialization points for other skills through to cap. I've been pretty happy with SBASH results through 60 although results may vary based on what you are hunting. I would save TD boost for a later goal.

There are a couple recent posts on shield specialization training in the Paladin General Discussion folder.

-- Robert
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/31/2013 09:15 AM CDT
>1) This mace has flares, 4x and is sanctified right?

If that mace is in fact flared, ditch it for a plain jane 4x mace(I'd consider upgrading to a morning star) and bond/guiding light flare it. Assuming they're standard flares on that maces of yours, those won't be remotely as good as guiding light flares.

Enjoy swords and board! It's a little slower, but a well-trained shield bash is devastating and fun!
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/31/2013 11:16 PM CDT
Ya it's a 4x acid flaring sanctified mace. I'll be able to bond it in a few more levels and then I'll look for the best plain weapon I can get.

I'm thinking of dropping the 1x dodge and putting it into shield. I've always had at least 1x dodge on my characters though.
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 05/31/2013 11:37 PM CDT
You should be able to do both.

As a sword/board I have done this basic plan from day 1.

2x OHE
2x Shield
2x Armor
2x PF
1x CM
1x Dodge
1x HP -1 rank
1x Perception

You should have PTPs left over. Then you get into how many ranks of spells are you willing to sacrifice for other MTP intensive skills.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 06/01/2013 11:08 AM CDT
>Ya it's a 4x acid flaring sanctified mace. I'll be able to bond it in a few more levels and then I'll look for the best plain weapon I can get.

I'd just buy one. There's actually an elegant vultite mace (DF bonus from crafting) in Zul for a mere 49k. Those guiding light flares are so good you should get them ASAP.
Re: Switched from THW to Blunt and Board 06/01/2013 05:38 PM CDT

>Ya it's a 4x acid flaring sanctified mace. I'll be able to bond it in a few more levels and then I'll look for the best plain weapon I can get.

I'd just buy one. There's actually an elegant vultite mace (DF bonus from crafting) in Zul for a mere 49k. Those guiding light flares are so good you should get them ASAP.

You seem to keep missing the fact that he can't current bond to a plain unflaring mace. He's better off sticking with the sancted mace for now.

Dgry